7.

Farrah POV

Michael's fingers tapped against the tabled as I walked in. He was looking around, but finally looked over at me.

"Are you nervous?" He didn't seem at ease while sitting in this room.

"I'm in a police station..." he chuckled and looked down at his hands, "this was a mistake anyway."

He started to get up, but I reached across the table and grabbed his wrist. "You came here for a reason so you must want to help me somehow. Nobody is going to arrest you because you haven't done anything wrong," in a way I felt as if I shouldn't have said that because it may have convinced him to really leave.

Surprisingly he sat back down, but not before he snatched his wrist from my grasp.

"Y'all cops making me nervous," he bit down on his bottom lip.

"If you didn't do anything wrong then there isn't a need for you to be nervous," I pulled out the chair to sit down and Michael scoffed and mumbled something incoherently under his breath. "Tell me about Nick and how he does things."

"I was locked up for six years so he coulda changed his routine."

"Old habits die hard."

I couldn't tell if he tried not to smirk. He knew I was right. Michael nodded and took a deep breath before he finally looked me in my face. I noticed his milky brown eyes that made my stomach flutter like a little school girl. I swallowed hard but kept my attention on Michael as I waited for him to speak.

"The club was the hot spot. Deals, jobs, the works go on in that club. Nick just don't run it though," Michael clenched his jaw. "I ran it when we was still cool. Most likely he got somebody else doin his dirty work now... you find out who then you find your killer."

"How does he operate? Where are the spots that he hangs out located? Who is he always around?"

"Y'all cops gon have to get up off y'all asses," he looked right at the glass window. He knew that people on the other side could hear and see him, obviously he had been through this before. "Even though he ain't gon do nothing I don't want any trouble because y'all don't want to do y'all own work."

"You were close to him before you were incarcerated. You know more about him than anyone and like I previously mentioned; old habits die hard. I'm pretty sure that things he did before you were locked up is still what he's doing now. So pick at your memory and help me out," I smiled kindly hoping it would give him an ounce of encouragement, but he never even looked over at me.

"Nick was always at the club on a Saturday night. For real, I think that was the only time he stepped foot in there cuz that was when the finest honey's stripped."

"Can you name any of the other people that worked or still works in his crew?"

"I told you all the info that can get you close to him. I ain't saying nothing else. I ain't no snitch."

God, I despised when people said that.

"By being a snitch you can save someone's life."

"You wanted my help and I helped. I ain't got nothing else to say."

I knew he had more to say, but he just didn't want to.

"Michael," he finally looked over at me. "If you're afraid of Nick doing something to hurt you, we can protect you."

He looked at me as if to say yeah right, the smirk on his face said it all. Could I blame him? With happened earlier with Claudia, I wasn't sure if I could trust some of these cops with my own life.