26.

Three Weeks Later

August 3, 2013

Michael's POV

"Nigga I was callin' you on Saturday to see if you was tryna hit the club wit me," Dolph said walking up the sidewalk.

I was leaning against the door of the shop waiting for him to get there so he could let me in since I ain't have a key.

"I was busy."

"Busy doing what?"

I laughed shaking my head, "mind your fucking business man."

"We boys. Ain't your business my business?"

"The fuck you hear that at?"

Farrah had made me breakfast and I wanted to eat while it was hot, so I went to Dolph's back office before the food cooled off. He followed me still bothering me with questions he knew I wasn't about to answer. I was a private person. It had always been that way and I wasn't about to change now. I pulled out the tubberwear and took off the lid, Dolph being nosey as hell over my shoulder.

"Damn nigga. Did you go see mama or something?"

"Nah."

"Who you fuckin' then?"

I just shook my head and grabbed some unopened ketchup packets from the drawer where Dolph kept Chinese sauce packets, forks, spoons, and other miscellaneous ass shit. I ripped the packet with my teeth before squirting it over the hash browns, ready to chow down.

"Is it Tina?"

"You know damn well her ass don't cook," I said laughing, looking at him like he was crazy. What the fuck was wrong with this nigga? He knew Tina just about as long as I did and we both knew that Tina couldn't cook if her life depended on.

"You right," he nodded, "toppin' niggas off is her forte."

I just shook my head, ignoring the slick ass comment. Had it been a few years back I would've defended her, but now Tina was nothing but a distant ass memory since Farrah and me was spending all this time together. I saw her four or five times out the week just to chill and for the past three weeks at least one or two of those times she was spending the night. It shocked the hell out of me how comfortable she was getting and how much I liked it. But I wasn't gon put up a front... I was feeling her as much as she was feeling me.

"So, man, who the fuck is it? Do I gotta start guessing every bitch we dun ever come across or what?"

He was sitting back in his rolling chair, so I just posted against the wall, holding my food in my hands.

"Man, why the fuck you wanna know?"

"'Cuz I wanna know what chick got you all happy and shit damn near looking like you want to start skipping."

My phone buzzed in my pocket, so I couldn't even reply. I pulled it out seeing Farrah's name and a text message.

Farrah: I hope I didn't burn the bacon... I don't cook it so I don't know how done it's supposed to be.

Mike: It's a'ight... you coulda did better.

I was hoping she didn't take me playing around seriously. So I was lowkey scared to look at my phone, but when I unlocked a couple minutes later to read her message I was cool.

Farrah: -_- throw it away then since it isn't good

My phone vibrated right after.

Farrah: I might have a free lunch today... if you're not sick of me maybe we can grab something today....