8.

June 15, 2013

Farrah POV

6:43pm

As I looked in the mirror, I didn't know why I was actually going to attend this wedding. These were one of the girls that I hadn't seen since I was about sixteen years old. Had Symphony not been friends with her then I know I wouldn't have been attending. Who has a wedding on a Friday night anyway? I always thought weddings were a Saturday or Sunday type of thing.

"Farrah!" I regretted the day I gave Symphony a spare key to my apartment.

I exited my bedroom and the smile she wore on her face completely fell when she took in my attire. Symphony was as girly as they came. She never left the house looking anything less than fabulous. Decent, or casual, didn't make it in her vocabulary.

"How are we supposed to get you a man if you look like a caterer, hm?"

"Remember what we talked about Symph? You are not supposed to be getting me anything."

She rolled her eyes at me before crossing her arms. "At least show those beautiful legs of yours! I know you don't go to the gym just to hide it under those two piece pants suits."

"I go to the gym so I can keep up with potential suspects when they try to run," I laughed and shook my head.

I honestly didn't think I looked that bad. I had on a pair of black slacks and a white blouse. I even put on a pair of black pumps, even though a pair of flats was my first choice. Compared to Symphony I looked like Cinderella before the ball. I admit I was a bit underdressed. She had on a knee length sheer peach dress, nude heels, and her hair was pulled up into a formal bun.

"Let's go and put you into a dress," she grabbed my arm and I let her drag me into my room.

I felt like we were in our teenage years all over again. Although I didn't mind getting dressed up, it just took too much to look presentable from head to toe and still focus on getting every detail; hair, nails, toes, makeup, etc.

"What about this?" She pulled out a yellow midi-dress. It had a nude-illusion thing going in. As in it gave away the illusion that skin showed underneath, but not really. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but nonetheless it was wedding appropriate. It most likely was a gift from my mother, because I didn't even remember that I owned a dress like that. "It is summer and this is the perfect color for you."

"I mean...." I stared at it for a minute before giving in and grabbing the dress.

Ten minutes had flown by and now my hair was brushed down out of the pony tail and I now wore the yellow midi-dress with a pair of nude, open toed, pumps.

"Much better," Symphony smiled satisfied. "Ready to go?"

I nodded and grabbed my phone and keys before we hopped in Symphony's small Honda.

Michael POV

I looked fucking ridiculous in this white shirt and black pants. I tightened the belt and Dolph walked outta the restroom stall.

"I 'preciate you doin' this for me," he started washin' his hands and I nodded my head.

I was helpin Dolph's cousin out. His cousin ran a catering business or something and was short on workers so Dolph asked me to help out. If I wasn't getting paid for this I would of said no. Shit, if I knew what the fuck we had to wear beforehand I would of said no.

"You helped me out witta job so I needed to return the favor."

Lies... all lies...

We walked to the kitchen where his cousin explained what we needed to do. He looked over at me and I could tell he was nervous about letting me do this but shit he ain't have nothing to worry about. I was gon be a good lil' boy. I laughed a lil to myself and Dolph looked over at me in confusion, but I just shook my head. After the guest and wedding party arrived I tied the apron around my waist and grabbed a tray that had cheese cubes on it with toothpicks goin' through them.