31.

Don't say I never gave y'all nothin. Also Give mike a chance in this chapter before y'all decide to write him off. Enjoy and I'll try to update again this weekend.

****|||||||****

The brawl that started on the porch quickly moved to the front yard. Grunts of both pain and anger as well as the sound of connecting punches flowed through the crowd of people forming around it. Nick's boys cheered him on while the topless women, covering their breast screamed for someone to break it up.

Michael was grabbed up, pulled back and knocked to the ground. He was preparing to charge for Nick again - who was slowly getting off the ground but the clicking sound of a gun coming off safety stopped him.

He paused, realizing that someone had brought a gun to a fist-fight. He kissed his teeth and ran his arm over his mouth, his long-sleeved shirt soaking up the blood from his bleeding lip.

Nick chuckled cynically and spit out a wad of blood onto the grass. "You come to my hood and pull some shit like that, Mike? You know better."

"You right, Nick. I do know better and I know that this nigga ain't gon pull the trigger even if you asked him to."

"Word?" Nick laughed, "you sure 'bout that?"

"If I wasn't you would've already done it."

"We not boys no more Mike. My loyalty don't lie witchu no mo'."

"It never did!" Michael yelled a few chuckles following his declaration. "But you fucked up Nick by touching my damn sister."

Nick looked shocked and even concerned to hear Michael say that. He looked around at the terrified women and his crew before waving his hand. "Give us a minute."

Everyone around them disappeared back into the house and Michael let out a sigh of relief but no visibly- he had just played Russian roulette with his own life. But he trusted his gut and he knew that regardless of whatever Nick wasn't going to have him killed.

"Watchu mean touch yo sister? I ain't never put my hands on Janet."

"You never do your own dirty work, Nick. So I already know you had someone to do it for you and when I find out who it is best believe I will handle it my damn self."

"I ain't do shit to Janet, Mike. Matter fact she was supposed to be here with me tonight after she got done with a favor of mine."

Michael clenched his jaw and took a step closer to him. "What favor?"

"Like I said we ain't boys Mike, so ain't no need for you to know how my business runs."

Michael's eyebrows lifted and he wanted to charge at Nick again, but swallowed the urge. Instead his hands clenched and unclenched at his sides as he tried to calm himself down. "You got my sister runnin... for you?"

"How else is she 'posed to pay me back for the inventory y'all mom threw away? You think I was gon let her off scott free? She gotta pay up just like everyone else."

"You dumbass mutha-"

"Ah, ah," Nick shook his finger. "Watch ya mouth, Mike. I sent her wit protection. Obviously that protection ain't protection so ima handle it."

Nick dusted off his plaid shirt and spit another wad of blood-turned spit onto the grass. "Since when did you get a mean right hook?"

"Six years in jail you learn shit.I'm sick of this shit man, after you find your little protective detail then cut Janet loose."