14.

Farrah POV

7:36 p.m.

I rolled over and hit something. My eyes were so heavy that I didn't even want to open them. I rolled the opposite direction and realized that I was now on the floor and had hit the coffee table next to me. It was then when I noticed the sunset that I hopped up and grabbed my phone that was still on the couch. I pressed the button repeatedly only to realize that it was dead. I ran to the kitchen and looked at the clock on the microwave only to see it read 7:37 p.m.

Shitshitshitshit!

I ran to my room all while trying to rip the current clothes from my body. I threw my white button down and slacks on the bed and plugged my phone up to its charger on the nightstand. I tried to multitask the best way I could. I ran into my bathroom and turned on the shower and yanked the shower curtain closed. I grabbed my toothbrush and slabbed on a messy line of toothpaste and vigorously brushed my teeth at a fast pace as I slipped off my bra and panties to step into the shower. I held the toothbrush in my mouth as I lathered up my washcloth with the bar of dove soap. I tried my best to move quickly. All I could think about was how Michael was sitting in that restaurant probably wondering where I was. I knew I shouldn't of went to sleep.

Damnit Farrah!

I jumped out of the shower, soap still covered some parts of my body but that this point I didn't care. Since I didn't pick out an outfit like I should've been I went to sleep I was left with just throwing anything I believed match on my bed, luckily a lot of my closet consisted of neutral colors that could be worn with almost anything. I glanced over at my digital clock, 7:49, I needed to be out of this house by eight. I shuffled through the pile of clothes on my bed and picked out the strapless black sundress. I put lotion on my legs and feet and stepped into the dress, slipped on the chestnut sandals all while trying to rip the jean jacket off the hanger from my closet. I finger-combined my hair into a messy bun as I walked out of my bedroom and into my living room closet to grab the purse I barely carried and my keys off of the couch before I left out of my apartment. I was halfway down the steps when I realized I left my phone. I ran back up, unlocked the door and left it wide open as I ran into my room to grab the phone I thought had been charging, but just my luck; I hadn't even plugged the adapter into the wall.

I knew that I broke multiple driving laws, but I was trying to make it to the restaurant. I had high hopes that maybe Michael hadn't left yet and that he was still waiting inside of the restaurant. I had condensed a fifteen-minute drive into a ten-minute drive as I pulled into the parking lot of Bravo. I jumped out of the car ready to rush inside, but I saw a familiar lean figure walking towards a car. I wasn't sure it was Michael, but I couldn't take a chance in it being him and him leaving so I called out his name right as the car door was opened and when the figure turned around I knew it was him. I practically ran over to him.

"I am so sorry!"

He walked to the front of the car and shook his head. "Yo Farrah, I'm a straight forward kinda guy. You ain't have to say yes to this if you didn't wanna go. I ain't needa be toyed with."

I frowned and shook my head not understanding why he believed that I had toyed with him. "That's not... that's not what I was doing..."

"This was a bad idea from the jump." He mumbled and I took a step back. "We needa just go home and forget this shit ever happened."

"Forget this.... wait... so you mean to tell me that I almost busted my ass and damn near broke all driving laws to get here and you want to forget it ever happened?" I took a deep breath and took another step back as if it would help me gather my thoughts. "I got off of work early and I went home and laid down. I set an alarm, but my phone died so I didn't wake up until 7:30. If I didn't want to go on this date with you I would've never said yes, or if I had changed my mind I would've told you earlier when you left me that voice message. What happened was not intentional. Can we please go inside now? I'm starving."