37.

Farrah and Michael are baaacckkk.

****

Farrah's POV

September 13, 2013

There was really no reason to be nervous, but here I was freaking out. What had been a simple playful conversation had turned into something real and I was trying to think of a way to take it back. To tell Michael that I was kidding so he'd call the whole thing off, but then I thought about how wimpish it'd be if I did that.

I plopped down on the end of my bed with an agitated sigh. My towel was still wrapped around my damn body as water droplets from my hot shower still showed on my shoulders. Some of my hair that had been pushed into a slick bun fell down, sticking to the back of my neck. I reached for my phone to look at my phone one more time.

Let's do it then, Michael's message read. I bit down on my lip, looking up from my phone and into my open closet. What in the hell do you wear when meeting your boyfriends family? My fingers tapped against the screen as I called Michael. He answered on the second ring.

"Nervous?" He laughed and I heard shuffling in the background.

"Very. What do I wear? Is jeans acceptable? I know your mother is religious, so maybe I should wear a knee-length skirt? But I don't own one of those..." I mumbled and then kept rambling. "How about a dress? Or black slacks."

Michael laughed through my rambling. "Wear whatever you wanna wear baby. It's just lunch," he said nonchalantly as if it wasn't a big deal meanwhile it was a huge deal.

"You can't say wear whatever I want, because if I walk in there with some jean shorts on and your mom starts looking at me like some sort of hoochie mama then what?"

"Hoochie mama? Seriously?" He laughed and I rolled my eyes, annoyed at how amusing this was for him. "If you gonna feel comfortable in the shorts then wear the shorts."

"What are you wearing?"

"My regular getup."

"So slacks and a nice shirt?"

"Yeah."

"So I should probably put on a dress right? Something business like that tells your family that I'm a hardworking woman and not just some sleazy around for a good time."

"I'm hanging up now Farrah..." he said, his voice trailing off.

"Wait! Wait! I just really need to know what to wear. Please."

It was quiet for a second and then Michael answered, "anything red."

I kissed my teeth. "For your benefit I'm assuming."

"Maybe," he laughed. "Just pick the first thing you touch, a'ight?"

"Fine... I'll see you in a little I guess."

I disconnected the call and tossed my phone behind me. I got up from the bed and walked over to my closet. The first thing my hand touched was a multicolored, sleeveless camisole. I shrugged and took it out of the closet tossing it on my bed. I ended up pairing it with dark blue jeans that had a single rip at the knee and brown sandals.