3.

I had just finished tightening the bun on my head when I heard the knocks on my front door. I walked out of the bathroom which led straight into my living room and over to the front door. When I opened it Jenny, Symphony, and Carmen stood there with wide smiles on their faces.

"What is it?" I asked looking at them quizzically before I moved out of the way to let them inside.

"So I met this lawyer who is single and has no kids..." Symphony begun to say but I held my hand up. I already knew where this was going.

"No more blind dates. The one last Saturday was the last one. He had three baby mothers and five kids, Symphony. The guys you set me up with always have baggage and I don't have time for that." I walked into my kitchen and the three of them followed me.

"For the love of God Farrah, just go," Carmen rolled her eyes.

"No, every blind date you guy's send me on it's always a disaster. I'm twenty-eight years old, I believe I can find my own date and I don't need my friends to do it for me." I pulled out a container of strawberries from my refrigerator and sat them on the counter.

"At least give it a try?" Jenny asked softly. "You don't know, this might be your dream guy."

"Doubt it," I scoffed and popped open the container top. "Most likely he has a secret wife or in the middle of a divorce," I bit into a bittersweet strawberry. "I can find my own date, thank you."

"No, you can't. You're twenty-eight and still single. You haven't been in a relationship since high school." Carmen replied factually.

"And that's my business, not business for you guys. Look, I get it you're all worried. You guys are all in serious relationships. I just haven't found the person for me yet. You never know, I might find him today while we're out in about," I pushed the container of strawberries over to them and they each grabbed one. "And since we're on that topic what exactly are we doing?"

"Well you owe us a girl's night, but since you're on call today, we decided to make it a girl's day. In hopes that no dead bodies are found and you have to go in. " Carmen explained.

"Right, and we were going to look for you an outfit to wear tonight but since you aren't going then that's out." Jenny rolled her eyes and I covered the strawberries back up.

"I'm glad we're all on the same page. Now, who's car are we taking?"

Carmen raised her hand and I couldn't help but to laugh. "Why are we taking her old bucket? It has so many problems."

She shushed me quickly, "don't talk about Charlie like that. He hears it and it hurts his feelings. That's why he never works!"

"Yeah sure" Jenny laughed, "Blame Farrah for your broken down car."

We were about to walk out of my apartment when Jenny stopped me. "Wait, you're wearing that?"

I looked down at my attire. I had on a pair of jeans, a white V-neck polo tucked inside and then a white pair of converses. "What's wrong with my outfit?" I looked over at them and they had on dresses and skirts. "I'm not really comfortable in a dress or a skirt... look my outfit is fine. Let's just go."

"Fine, fine," Jenny raised her hand. "But I call front seat. It gets' so damn stuffy in Carmen's back seat."

I grabbed my hot pink zip up hoodie and wallet as we all laughed, except Carmen who shot us dirty looks, as we scattered out of my apartment.

------

"See what you did Farrah?!" Carmen chastised me as we were walking down the street. "You talked your shit about my car all the way to the spa and look what it did?"