File: Sandwiches and Soldiers

Sorry for the long wait! There were three other stories I had to update before this one, I'm so far behind on my stories. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It's kind of short and, so, I'll try to make the next one longer.

This chapter is dedicated to Tangu01. I hope you like this chapter and I thank you for reading this!

I realize that I haven't been doing dedications recently and I apologize to anyone who was waiting for their name to pop up. If you hadn't noticed, there is never the same person twice so you have a likely chance of being added.

--Yuki :3

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"This is... Phil. Phil."

The agent's small smile didn't waver as he looked at Percy's face, "It would be most beneficial for S.H.I.E.L.D if you complied with this, Agent Jackson."

"But... But... It's a freaking Pen Pal! For Wakanda!"

"And it's because it's Wakanda that I want you to do this. We need to have a good relation with the country."

"You do know that I'll be talking to a random citizen of Wakanda, right, Suit? One little person is not going to make a single difference in a whole damn country full of people who could rip my fucking face off with a look. It's like having multiple Widows running around with the occasional Barton."

Phil ignored the way the agent said the archer's name and simply shuffled the paperwork on his desk, "You are still required to make a letter. It'll be sent out tomorrow, so I'll think wisely on what you put down."

Percy snarled and swept out of the room, not even bothering to close the door because he was petty.

"A pen pal?" Clint looked at the paper curiously, "It says his name's N'Jaku. Why is Phil so interested in having us maintain a good relationship with Wakanda? It's a third world country."

"Beats me," The demigod shrugged. "Now, leave me alone, you shit face, so I can write to him."

"Dick," The archer got up, most likely heading to the kitchen to make a sandwich. He didn't know why he listened to the nineteen year-old. Percy was on his floor, not the Avengers' floor. He sighed and resigned himself to making food for two people instead of enjoying a sandwich alone.

When he went back over to the demigod with the sandwiches in his hands, Percy was already almost done with the letter, "Remember not to give out our secrets."

"You don't have secrets," He said absentmindedly. "And neither does S.H.I.E.L.D after Steve and Natasha's fuck up last week."

"Harsh."

"But true."

Clint nodded, "But true." He shook his head, "How's Pete?"

"He's doing good, he's a smart kid," Percy put the letter in an envelope and sealed it. "His aunt bought him a bunch of Star Wars stuff so he's been locked up in his room with Ned all weekend."

"Do you not like Star Wars?" The archer wondered as he set the sandwiches down on the coffee table.

The demigod shrugged, "Never seen it. Peter says it's good."

"It's great!" Clint beamed excitedly, "I can't believe you haven't watched it, we have to have a movie marathon!"

"Not this week," Percy finished writing the address on the envelope. "Tony is showing Steve, Thor and I Doctor Who."

"Ah, yes, you have to watch that," The archer nodded sagely. He took a bite of his sandwich, grinning at Percy's disgusted face as he scarfed it all down. "You can't look at me like that after what you did yesterday during pizza night!"

The demigod snickered a bit at that before he started laughing, putting his hand over his mouth, "Okay, okay, you have a point." He grabbed his own food and ate it quickly, but not as fast as Clint. "Well, I'm going to go send this letter out and then head back to my secret lair to make sure none of my info was leaked. Have fun dealing with Thor, I bedazzled his hammer. Ta ta, sugar plums!"

"Wait, what?!" Clint stood up and went to face his friend when he realized that he had jumped out the window again, "Gods dammit, you asshole!"

--

"Talk to me," Percy strode into Director Fury's office with a frown on his face. "How bad is it?"

Fury looked up from some papers he was looking at, "Not as bad as expected. Somehow, I'm not surprised though that you didn't believe Romanov at all."

"Please," The demigod snorted. "Like stupid HYDRA agents can kill you. You're like a cockroach. What information do I need to track down?"

"We've managed to retrieve most of the information about you and your past," The director said, not bothering to comment on Percy's previous statement. "But the information about Olympus is still out there. It's heavily coded, courtesy of Stark, but we need to get that."

"Obviously," Percy rolled his eyes. "I don't want the gods on my ass again, especially when it's not my fault this time. Don't worry about sending anyone to get the files, I can send my own team. Any others that I have to worry about?"

"Before the incident, a few agents were asking around about demigods more than usual. My guess is that they were HYDRA agents, seeing as they showed no interest in Thor whatsoever."

"Got any names?"

Fury slid a file over to him, "How soon can your team get this taken care of?"

Percy scanned the names, all of them in Ancient Greek for him, and grinned wickedly, closing the file with over fifteen names, "Give us a week."

The director nodded, clearly satisfied, "Good. Do any of the Avengers know about what happened with S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"You mean if they know you're alive," The nineteen year-old sat in the chair across from Fury's desk. "No, they don't, and it should stay that way until you make your next move. The world knows about S.H.I.E.L.D." He tilted his head, an amused smile playing on his lips. "Well, they think they do."

Fury leaned forward, " Are you meaning to tell me that you somehow managed to secure the files?"

"Not all of them," Percy conceded. "And it wasn't me who got them. I called in a few favors here and there and they managed to get any of the highly classified files. All the public thinks is that S.H.I.E.L.D. is like a branch of the FBI, or something similar. Another thing," He slid his backpack off and opened it, pulling out a large file. "The H team found this. Steve already knows, I think he saw his face."

The director opened the file and cursed lightly, "This just changed everything."

"Yeah," Percy's eyes flashed to the picture of James Buchanan Barnes. "Everything has changed."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Next update: Saturday (03/03/2018)

Can someone remind me as this day comes closer? I really want to try and follow the schedule I made (it's on my message board if you haven't seen it yet). I feel really bad for making you all wait so long.

Lots of love!

--Yuki :3