File: "I Hated When They Were Blue"

Another update with everyone's favorite god of mischief- LOKI!!!

I just have a lot of feelings about Loki, okay?

Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's dedicated to coolwhenurbatman!!! :D <3

Love you lots!

--Ted :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

In all honesty, the day started out fairly normal for the Avengers. That is, if you ignored the fact that one of said Avengers was high and that another was in the vents contemplating the pros and cons of eating bird food.

Connor and Lea seemed just as entertained by High Percy as they would be with Regular Percy, so Laura wasn't really pressed on finding ways to keep her children busy as she yelled at her husband for not checking in for weeks. Just the same, her swear jar was also filled quite nicely after The Great Avengers Mario Kart Tournament, or TGAMKT. The abbreviated version was always funny to be heard said aloud because it sounded like someone was choking- or speaking Pig Latin.

Peter was talking with Tony about upgrades to his Spider-Man suit while Ned sat on the floor, leaning against the couch while patiently waiting as Percy alternated between cuddling with Butterfingers and braiding his short hair. Even high, the demigod had a short attention span.

Steve was watching Food Wars, the super soldier now on the Anime segment in his studies. He has not left it for weeks now and the others are concerned. Well, Laura is. The others probably aren't.

"Manhattan is getting attacked," Natasha said casually as she looked out one of the large windows in the common room. "Again."

"Are there kittens?" Percy asked, finishing his fishtail braid on Ned's hair. He seemed to be contemplating moving to Bruce next.

"Actually, yes." She squinted a bit, "I think Loki's there."

The demigod gasped while the others, including Peter, went to suit up, "Loke-a-doke? Yay! I'm going to say hi!"

Steve's eyes widened as the son of Poseidon jumped out of the window, "Percy, no! Goddammit!"

Tony gasped and mock whispered to Clint, "Steve cursed... Swear jar!"

--

"Perseus," Thor was talking to Percy, stopping the demigod before he could round the corner to where Loki was. "Why is it that you are so adamant to speak to my brother?"

"Because he has really pretty eyes!" 

The god of thunder blinked at that, "His eyes?"

"Yeah!" Percy nodded, smiling happily. For a moment, his eyes seemed sad, "I hated when they were blue."

--

"You're not concerned by this?" Bruce asked Tony as he gestured at Percy, who was having an actual conversation with the god of mischief.

"Yeah," The inventor shrugged. "I don't see what's wrong."

"How about that your boyfriend is talking with someone who tried to take over the world?" Clint scowled, eyeing Loki like he was going to pop up randomly and stab him. Which, okay. That was fair.

Tony looked at the archer, "You're telling me you haven't tried world domination at least once?"

Clint's eyes widened for a second, "You have?"

"Uh, not answering that."

Thor was off to the side calmly petting a black cat, letting Loki and Percy converse. He had a lot to think about after what the son of Poseidon told him and he figured that blindly asking his brother about it would prove to be more problematic than not.

"Alright," Percy nodded once, stepping over to stand next to the god of mischief. He grabbed the man's bicep, ignoring his look of surprise at the sudden strength, "Can I keep him?"

Steve sighed like he was expecting this, "Percy, no, you can't adopt Loki."

There was a moment of silence.

"Please?"

Loki was oddly silent as he stared at the demigod. Finally, he spoke, "I do not wish to be adopted once more."

"Plus, isn't he a frost giant?" Steve said, glancing at Thor for confirmation. The god of thunder nodded.

"Uh, wow, Steven," Percy looped his arm around Loki's. "Did you just assume my son's astral plane? Just because he looks like one, doesn't mean he is one. Gosh, rude."

"I am not your so-"

"Hush, my son," The son of Poseidon ordered, not worried that the god of mischief could attack him right there. "Love muffin," He smiled at Tony. "Do we have a room for my son?"

Tony tilted his head and ignored everyone's looks of disbelief aimed at him, "We have one on our floor. The two floors above us are for Rhodey and Pepper."

"Great! Then it's official, Loki is staying in the tow- Clinton Barton, if you make one comment about Loki staying in the tower, I will have you shipped so fast to Budapest, you won't even know what hit you."

The archer closed his mouth. He wanted to speak, he did, but he knew that his best friend wouldn't make a decision like this without something in mind. 

Also, he really did not want to go back to Budapest.

--

"So," Tony and Percy were sat next to each other on the couch on their floor. Loki was in his room reading a book, intent on ignoring Thor's attempts to speak to him, while the others were either cooking, babysitting, or sparring. "What made you bring Loki here? I know he was controlled but there has to be more to it to bring him than just that."

The son of Poseidon paused, his hand stilling where it was rubbing small circles on the billionaire's arm, "He... Loki reminds me of someone..."

Tony looked at his boyfriend, biting his lip, "He reminds you of Luke, the friend you told me about, the one that stopped Kronos."

Percy's voice caught and he seemed to be blinking hard, "Yeah. I figured... Why not do something, you know?  I couldn't just let Loki continue being in pain- not like... Not like Luke. Not again."

The inventor smiled sadly and rested his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder, "I get it..."