File: Wing It

While Percy cried on the phone or something to Bruce, begging him to cook dinner again when they returned, Clint took the time to slowly approach the girl. He made sure to keep distance between them and crouch so they were on eye level with each other. He didn't want to startle her and cause more problems for them, especially if she may have been enhanced in any way.

The girl didn't seem to be wary of him very much, instead focused intently on Percy and his Moment™ and how the demigod seemed close to just melting on the floor in sadness. She turned back to Clint, giving him a worried look.

Clint could only shake his head. "Girl, Hell if I know."

Percy turned his head sharply to them, as if able to tell what they were talking about, and he didn't look all that guilty when the girl flinched back in shock. "What are you doing in here?"

"Um, I- I'm sorry?"

The demigod stalked closer, only moving to stand beside Clint and not any closer to her, and gave her an unimpressed look. "What are you doing here in a Nazi hangout?"

"A what?"

The girl seemed genuinely shocked, as if the idea of HYDRA being full of Nazis was a complete surprise to her, and it caused Percy to fully focus on her for the first time that night. He took a few steps towards her, still a respectable distance away. "What's your name?"

She gave him a defiant glare, as if he was challenging her with that question. "Jessica Drew."

The way he hummed in response, though, made her think her answer was wrong.

"Why are you with HYDRA?" Percy tilted his head, face unreadable.

Usually, Clint would join in the conversation to try and relieve the tension but this time he didn't. Percy was actually doing one of the things he was best known for in SHIELD and that was interrogation. He knew the best questions to ask or the most logical methods to use no matter what type of person it was and he could easily make the person think he was on their side. This method, though, was an asshole move because Clint could tell Percy just wanted to get on her nerves while gaining information.

"They said that they were the good guys and that they'd help me find my parents," Jessica answered, though it was provided a bit more hesitantly. When the two men exchanged a look, the black-haired man looking exasperated beyond relief, the twelve year-old began to believe that something was really wrong. "What- What exactly is HYDRA to you?"

Clint took out his phone as Percy walked away to go poke around in some stacks of paper, pulling up a few articles and videos about HYDRA currently and their past. He slid it over to the girl, who picked the device up slowly. He could see the horror filter across her face and he cleared his throat to get her attention before she could go any further.

"Jessica, I think there's been a huge misunderstanding. See, we're part of the Avengers." Clint gestured to himself and Percy, the demigod now sitting on the floor squinting at a large book with several files around him. "I'm Hawkeye and he's Halo. Besides looking for your parents, is there any other reason HYDRA would keep you around?"

Before Jessica could answer, Percy let out a few quiet curses and threw the folder down, standing up. "She's enhanced." He studied the girl once more, returning back to stand next to Clint. "Turns out her DNA was fucked up when she was still in utero by her own pops." He waved a hand at her when she tried to speak. "No, don't worry, it was a complete accident with a magical science laser thing. Things always get fucky with those."

"What did he do to her?" Clint wondered, stooping down to grab his phone when Jessica slid it back to him. The girl was slowly warming up to them, inching her way closer, but he didn't want to do anything to ruin that progress.