File: Aerodynamics and Assholes

As much as Fury seemed to hate having to deal with Percy Jackson and Clint Barton, he couldn't deny that they were some of the best agents he's ever had. Judging by Phil's face, he thought the same. Agent Coulson and Agent Jackson had a love-hate relationship that was primarily composed of hate, the demigod being the only one besides Clint that could really get the man to lose his cool.

The fact that the two were being sent on a mission together gave Coulson indigestion.

The mission was described as a fairly simple one. The two were tasked with investigating a warehouse believed to house both HYDRA agents and monsters and gather information they deemed might be important to SHIELD. Clint and Percy were sent together for the obvious reason of Percy being a demigod and Clint being his best friend, making it so they were perfect for the job. Even though Percy, lately, didn't seem to have the best track record for not getting injured, Fury and Coulson hoped that Barton wouldn't be petty enough to leave Percy behind at the slightest insult.

"Why," Percy said, not asked, and he stared at Coulson without blinking for a minute.

"We can't help that it's in Washington, Agent Ja-"

The demigod waved him off before he could finish. "No, Phillip, I don't care about that. I mean why him?" He jabbed a finger at Barton, who had taken out his hearing aids at the slightest hint of Percy's agitation. The archer was just humming as he doodled on what was supposed to be an important file.

"It was either him or Steve," Coulson lied, watching the man's reaction. Captain America would have been the worst choice- mostly because they could not be sure that Percy wouldn't eat him alive. He smiled blandly. "I figured you'd like this option better."

Clint deigned to put his hearing aids back on, looking over at the two. "Let's just go, dude. Maybe we can get tacos or something while we're there."

Fury glowered at them when he walked in. "This is an important mission. You're not there to go out to eat."

"Tacos sound good," Percy said like he was suddenly the near-deaf one, focusing on Clint like he didn't notice the director of SHIELD standing five feet in front of him.

"One day I'll leave him in the Sahara Desert," Fury muttered before turning to Coulson. "You will be monitoring their coms from here. I trust you'll know who to call if they need help."

"We won't need help," Clint interjected, gesturing at Percy. "We're awesome."

Percy nodded. "Yeah," He echoed. "We're awesome."

When Fury and Coulson left the room, Clint grabbed Percy's arm to stop him- though he made sure to let go before the demigod decided to swing at him.

"What?" Percy looked at the archer, raising an eyebrow.

"Dude, are you okay?" Clint gestured to his best friend. "You look- I dunno- like you're not sleeping. It- I mean, come on, you're using the shirt with the ketchup stain on the front. You never use the shirt for missions!"

Percy sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm fine, Barton. I just couldn't sleep last night. It's no big deal."

"Jackson-" The archer lifted a hand as if to grab the other.

"I'm fine."