File: Plenty of Time

Tony would admit, when Loki had suggested the fort, he had no idea what he was talking about. He didn't understand how something made out of couch cushions could make someone feel emotionally secure. It didn't make any sense. Still, he didn't want to discourage any of them and proceeded to make it with them, all while trying to keep his thoughts away from his parents.

Once he was inside the fort, Tony knew what they meant. With the couch cushions and blankets cocooning them, it was like he was separated from the outside world, like he could block out all of his bad thoughts and just forget them. He really wished he could- forget them, that is.

"Hey," Percy whispered as he held the genius close to him with one of his arms. "No one will be mad if you take some time to heal." He looked at Bucky from over Tony, "You, too. No one will blame you for focusing on yourself."

Tony looked at him, "You should as well."

The demigod only shook his head, "No, I've had plenty of time."

--

After a about two hours of lying in the fort, Percy carefully extracted himself from his boyfriend. He went to leave when he felt a gaze on him and looked down to see Bucky awake. "Go back to sleep, sweetheart. I'm just going to go downstairs for a bit."

"You didn't really heal, did you?" The soldier studied the demigod, a small frown making its way onto his face when he saw the faraway look in the other's eyes.

Percy smiled gently, reaching over to run his hand through Tony's hair. He looked at the soldier, "People like me- we don't get a lot of time." He didn't let the man respond as he exited the fort, walking towards the elevator. "Jay-baby, where are my grandchildren? I don't think I've properly introduced myself."

"The children are located  on the common floor."

"And Rogers?" He stepped into the elevator, leaning against the wall for a moment.

"... Captain Rogers is currently packing a bag to leave."

Percy's eyes snapped open, "Shit. Take me to his floor."

"At once."

When the demigod arrived, he felt a deceptive wave of calmness wash over him. It was like all his anger, all the rage that festered inside of him, became so much that it smoothed down into a state of nothing but serenity. He didn't waste any time as he walked over to Steve's room, quietly entering it.

The soldier must've been too caught up in his thoughts because he didn't seem to notice the demigod's entrance. He was almost mechanically folding his close, placing them in a small black dufflebag, and his face was pensive.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Steve jumped, nearly throwing a shirt in the air. His shoulders tensed, drawing up near his ears, and he turned to the demigod. Percy was looking at him with a raised eyebrow, body deceptively calm as he leaned against the night table. He knew one of them would talk to him, yell at him, but he hoped it'd be anyone but the son of Poseidon.

"I'm leaving," Steve answered, gesturing to the bag. "Figured I should go-"

"You're going to just run away?" Percy crossed his arms, a frown on his face.

The soldier floundered for a minute, "No, I just don't think Tony would wa-"

The demigod shook his head, pushing himself off the table to walk over to him. "You're running away, Steve," Percy didn't seem all that angry. In fact, the anger seemed to leave him when he realized that the soldier was younger than people thought and he was very naive. "This isn't going to just work itself out if you just leave."