14

Here I am sitting on a couch watching Yeseul and Hyoin eat their ice cream. We just got home from the mall.

Yeseul had so much fun looking for a new doll to add to her collection. She also ate a lot.

I watch Yeseul with a smile on my face. She's sitting on the floor with a gallon of ice cream in between her legs and she's holding the spoon like a little baby and she also got her chocolate ice cream smudged all over her mouth.

She looks so adorable.

"Eomma!" She called me holding a spoon of her ice cream.

"Ahhh" she said while opening her small mouth. I smiled and took the spoonful of ice cream that she's holding.

"Its good right?" She cutely asked.

"Yeah, its good can I have one more spoon?" I asked with my hand making a 'one more' sign.

She quickly scooped her spoon back on the ice cream and gave me a bite.

"Aigoo, my baby is so kind!" I said and pinched her chubby cheeks.

She just cheekily smiled and went back to devour her ice cream.

After eating ice cream I'm here in the bathroom washing Yeseul.

She's playing with bubbles while I'm washing her hair I rinsed her hair and washed her body. After her quick shower I wrapped a towel around her and dried her up. I took her pajamas and made her wear it.

After that I guided her towards our bed. I carried her and made her sit on the bed.

I took the hair brush on the bed side table and sat beside Yeseul.

"Eomma?" I was about to comb her hair when she called me out.

"Yes baby?" I asked and placed the comb down the bed

"Where's my appa?" She innocently asks.

I froze.

"W-hy d-did you a-a-ask b-a-aby?" I nervously ask.

"Its just that my friends asks me about my father. They sometimes bully me for not having a father." She said with tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

"Eomma? Did my father really left us?" She asked and cried.

I hugged my daughter.

"No baby, your father didn't left us." He doesn't know anything. He doesn't know about your existence. I took his right to be a father to you Yeseul ah.

"Then where is appa?" She asks again.

"He's working far away from here. But he didn't left us. " I lied. This is the only way.

Lying to my own daughter about her father.

She broke the hug.

"Like in the Far Far Away Kingdom?" She innocently asked and sniffed.

I smiled.

"Yes, like in a Far Far away kingdom." I replied and kissed her forehead.

"Let's sleep now?" I asked Yeseul and she nodded her small head while wiping her tears and crawled on her bed and got under the blankets I helped her with the blanket.

I laid down beside her. And caressed her hair.

Soon she fell asleep. I stared at my daughter's face.

A tear escaped from my eyes.

"Mommy is really sorry Yeseul ah. I didn't know that you're already suffering because of my decisions. I'm sorry my dear daughter." I said and kissed her forehead.

I got down the bed and went outside. I saw Hyoin drinking water on the kitchen. She met my eyes and she placed the glass down on the counter top.

I approached her.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Yeseul asked about her father." I answered and brushed my hair up because of frustration.

"I told you unnie. You can't keep everything from Yeseul." She said with her 'I am right' look.

I rolled my eyes.

"What are you going to do then?"

I look at Hyoin.

"I already told you right. I don't know." I said.

"Okay! Chill sis." She surrendered.

My phone started ringing.

Its my mother's number. My forehead creased. I told mom to not make international calls. Its too expensive.

I told her that I'll always be the one to call first.

"Yeobeoseo, eomma?" I asked.

"Is this Ms. Jeong Yein?" A male voice asked that made my forehead crease more.

Hyoin mouthed who is it. But I made a later look

"Yes, its me. Who is this? Why do you have my mom's phone?" I asked.

"This is Detective Kim. The owner of this phone got into a major car accident along with her husband." He said.

My eyes widened.

"B-wo? What do you mean eomma and appa got into an accident?" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean accident unnie? What happened?"
Hyoin butted in.

"A truck and a bus clashed and it caused a huge accident and your parents got involved. They're currently being attended by Gwangchil Hospital." He said.

"Arasso, we will go there." I said and ended the call.

"Unnie what's happening?" Hyoin asks in panic.

"Eomma and appa got into an accident." I said.

"What? How? When?" She exclaimed

"Calm down." I said.

"Go pack your bags and also Yeseul's. We are going to Korea tonight!"