32

"Eomma, can you peel me some oranges?" Yeseul requested as she touched my hand that is feeding her.

"Yes baby, after you eat." I said and smiled at her and brought the spoon to her mouth but she stopped my hand.

"But eomma, I don't want to eat. I'm already full, I want to eat oranges." She whined and pout.

I chuckled at her cuteness and reached for her cheeks to pinch it.

"Arasso." I said and she clapped her hands in glee.

I shaked my head at her cuteness. My daughter is slowly recovering, you can scratch that instead I would say she's speedily recovering.

The doctors were actually shocked on how fast her body fights the virus. They said that it can be very deadly around Yeseul's age but in my daughters condition she's fighting well they said.

I peeled some oranges and brought it to Yeseul's mouth. She opened her mouth and gladly accepted the Orange. I chuckled at how she scrunched her face.

"Its too sour!" She exclaimed still contorting her face as the orange is sour.

I smiled.

"That's good then, your sense of taste is coming back." I said and pat her head.

She looked at me with an amused look.

"Does that mean, we can go home?" Yeseul asked.

I gave her a nod and caressed her hair.

"If you keep on recovering well, then maybe we can leave this hospital in a few days." I said and that made her clap in glee once more.

"Feed me more oranges eomma, I want to heal fast. " she said that made me chuckle.

I heard a creak and the door opening and Yeseul's doctor and a nurse stepped in.

"Good afternoon Ms. Jeong and Yeseul." Doctor Mendoza Yeseul's attending physician greeted us.

"Good afternoon doc." I greeted back and bowed.

He went to Yeseul and saw her eating oranges.

"Oh, you're eating oranges. Can you tell me if its sour, sweet or does it taste bland?" He asked Yeseul.

Yeseul took a bite of the orange and once again her face contorted.

"Its very sour!" She said and wiggled her whole body that made me and Doctor Mendoza laugh.

"That's good, you have your sense of taste back not like yesterday." He said and took his stethoscope.

"Let me examine you for a while can I?" Doctor Mendoza said in a very approachable manner and Yeseul nodded her head.

He placed the stethoscope on Yeseul's chest and told her to inhale and exhale. Then he instructed the nurse to take the BP and draw her blood.

I saw Yeseul flinch when the nurse draw her blood. But she gave the nurse her charming smile that also brought a smile to mine and the nurse face.

"You're doing good Yeseul ah, if you continue your fast recovery just like this I guarantee you can leave this hospital the day after tomorrow. So you should continue doing a great job. Okay?" Doctor Mendoza said.

Yeseul nodded her head continously as she smiled.

"I will doctor, thank you!" Yeseul said and cheekily smiled.

Doctor Mendoza smiled and ruffled Yeseul's hair.

"Good girl." He said and high fived Yeseul.

-
I tucked Yeseul on her bed and sat on the couch here in the room.