16

"Jungkook." I slowly mustered as I look at him.

His looks didn't change at all, in fact he looked more handsome and manly.

He also stared back at me.

"Yein is that really you?" He slowly asked as he eyed me from head to toe.

I felt uncomfortable. I felt suffocated, it seems like he's taking all the oxygen around me.

"Uhh.."

"Ma'am Mr and Mrs Jeong are in room 204 at the third floor." The nurse told me.

I casted my eyes to the nurse and gave her a smile.

"Neh, kamsamhamnida." I thanked her and gave Jungkook a small bow before running to the elevator.

The elevator is open and some people are coming out. I let them out first and made my way inside the elevator.

I pressed the third floor button and the elevator door slowly closed. I saw Jungkook standing in front of the elevator.

Our eyes met before the elevator door completely closed.

It made my heart thump but soon it faded and I sighed in relief.

I reached the third floor and searched for my parents room.

Soon I found it, I slowy opened the door and peaked.

I covered my mouth with my hands as I saw my parents condition.

My father has a cast on his left foot and a bandage around his head, while my mom has a cast on her right arm and she has a lot of bruises on her face.

My mom flinched and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Eo, Yein ah." She slowly muttered as she tried to sat up.

I walked towards her and made her lie on her back again.

"You should rest eomma." I told her as I fixed her blanket.

"Are you okay?" I asked her worriedly.

She gave me a nod and smile.

"I'm fine Yein ah. Its just a minor accident." She said and gave me a reassuring smile.

"The police officer told me that its a major accident."

"Yes, its a major car collision but fortunately our injuries are minor."

"That's a relief. What about appa?"

"Your father, he hit his head on the steering wheel but the doctor said that there are no complications."

"What about your cast and appa's?" I asked again.

"Aigoo, we are fine Yein ah. The doctor told us that they need to put a cast on my arm and your fathers foot is because the muscles got swollen and a tissue got damaged but they said that it'll be fine after a few days."

"By the way when did you arrive? Where is Hyoin and Yeseul?" She bombarded me with questions.

"We arrived earlier. You don't know how worried I was when I heard that you were involved in an accident." I said.

"I sent Hyoin and Yeseul home. Yeseul is really tired, Hyoin also." I added

"What about you? You should have some rest too. Go home and rest." She told me.

I made a face.

"Then what about you and appa? Who'll take care of you?" I asked my mom crossing my arms on my chest.

"We can take care of ourselves. And the nurses are just one call away. So don't worry about us and go have some rest back home." She said as she held my hand.

"Ani, I'll stay and take care of you and appa." I said and sat on the stool near my mothers bed.

"Aigoo. My daughter never changed. You're still our stubborn princess. Okay, you'll stay but go take a nap." She told me.

"Arasso eomma. You should take a rest too." I said.

She nodded. I tucked my mother to bed and caressed her hair.

"Have a good sleep eomma." I mumbled and planted a kiss on my mothers forehead.

-
An hour had passed. And here I am still wide awake. My mother and father are both soundly asleep.

I tossed and turned on this small sofa but still can't find my comfortable spot.

The image of Jungkook where our eyes met before the elevator closed replayed on my mind.

Did he follow me?

But there's no way that could happen. He asked for his brothers name in the nurse desk. Is his brother also admitted in this hospital? Maybe he's also going to take the lift but he wasn't able to since the elevator was pretty crowded earlier.

Whatever his reasons is I shouldn't mind it. Things were already put to an end 5 years ago.

Its my first time seeing him after 5 long years. I tried recalling the memories we've shared but my mind can't seem to find any.

And then Yeseul image flashed on my mind.

It hit me.

Yeseul can't meet Jungkook nor Jungkook he should not meet Yeseul.

I know I'm taking away Jungkook's responsibility as my daughters father.

But I can't bring myself to think of what will happen when they meet.

Will Jungkook take Yeseul away from me? Is he going to be mad at me? Is he going to totally turn his back on Yeseul? Will he accept her?

I shaked my head and my thoughts off. I can't imagine seeing Yeseul sad if Jungkook can't accept her.

I can take everything but not seeing my daughter cry.

And if Jungkook make my Yeseul cry. I'm going to take her away from Jungkook and never let Jungkook see even my daughters shadow.

Mark my words.