26

"Long time no see Yein ah." I was frozen on my spot but when I got back to my senses. I pulled Yeseul behind my back.

"Eomma?" I heard Yeseul mumbled as she look up to look at me.

I gave her a smile and squatted down.

"Can you go to your halmeoni for a while. I'll just talk to this ahjusshi." I said and and looked at Jungkook.

"But eomma, he's not just an ahjusshi he's my appa." Yeseul said and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook gave her a smile.

"Can you just do what I say. Please baby?" I said in a calm voice as I can. I don't want to frighten my daughter.

She pouted and nodded her head. She looked at Jungkook and showed him her eyesmile.

"I'll be back appa." She said and waved her hand. She started running back towards the venue when I saw her already sitting with her friends. I turn to look at Jungkook.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with flare in my eyes.

"I just want to greet my daughter a happy birthday." He said calmly.

"Your daughter?" I slowly asked.

"But as I can remember you told me that you won't take responsibility of her nor accept her and now you're calling my daughter, your daughter. Are you sure you're still sane Mr. Jeon?" I scoffed.

"I did say those words. But I changed my mind." He calmly replied.

I ruffled my hair as I find his calm, annoying.

"You changed your mind? Do you think that my daughter is just some kind of bag that you decided not to buy but changed your mind and bought it? Do you think I'll give you my permission to get close to my daughter?"

"I won't and I will never will." I sternly said.

"No, I don't see her as a bag in the mall. I see her as a gem that I've never knew how precious and beautiful is at first but in the end found out that I shouldn't have ignored that gem." He said.

His words somehow sparked a little hope of me having the family Yeseul dreamed of. But I told myself to not fall for his words.

And wake up from those dreams. It won't happen, not after everything that had happened.

I won't. And I will never will.

"I feel the same towards you Yein ah. You are a gem that I didn't valued at first but came to realize how special and rare you are."He added.

I suddenly felt something wet on my cheeks and when I touched it, its a tear. A tear escaped from my eye.

I looked at Jungkook and smiled bitterly.

"You're too late Jungkook." I uttered.

"Its not too late Yein ah." He uttered back.

He walked closer to me.

I took a step back.

"It is too late for an "us". So please I'm asking you to leave now. Leave now when I can still hold myself." I said.

"I won't." I glared at him when he said those words. What does he want? He already made his words clear that he won't accept and take responsibility of Yeseul.

I grabbed his collar as I can't control myself.

"What do you really want Jungkook? Why are you doing this? Huh? WHY?!?" I yelled at his face.

He grabbed both of my hands and held it.

I glance at his hands that is on top of mine then back at his face.

He has this soft expression on his face that once melted my heart but I told myself to not get swooned by my emotions.

"If I haven't told you what I want, then I'll tell you. I want you and Yeseul back in my life." He said while staring right in my eyes.

I pushed him away and pointed a finger at him.

"Do you think that's as easy as that? You want me and Yeseul back in your life? But have you forgotten, you already turned your back at me and Yeseul."

"Do you think that I'll come back to you after everything that had happened? Do you think that I'll accept you just like that?"

"Well sorry to tell you you're wrong!" I said boiling in anger.

I was more than angry. I can't believe Jungkook's words. How can he simply just say those words without showing any regret? I can see it clearly in his eyes that he didn't regretted those harsh words he said to me back at Sujeong unnie's wedding.

I can't help it anymore and I broke into tears. I was angry, pissed, and  frustrated. I just want to shut everybody around me, that is what I'm feeling right now.

I saw Jungkook looked down and heard him heaved a sigh. Than looked back at me.

When I met his eyes. There I saw the emotion I want to see.

Regret.

It was written in his eyes and face.

"I know Yein, I know. I was a jerk, I was a fool, I was a bastard, and I know you won't let me back in your life."

"I'm not asking you to love me again like you did before, I'm not asking you to take me back in your life because I know your happy with someone else now. With Sungyoon."

"But please Yein. Please let me get close to my daughter. I want to cope up with those times that I wasn't by her side. I want to be a good father to her. I know I'm a bit late but there's still time for me to get close and know her more. When I saw her earlier I wasn't intending to talk to her that wasn't a part of my plan, My plan is just to hand her a gift and leave. But Yein when Yeseul  stopped me from leaving and asked me if I was her real father that took me by surprise I couldn't help it but to tell her the truth that I am indead her real father. I was expecting her to get mad at me for all the things I've done but no, she didn't got mad at me and instead she gave me a warm hug."

"At that moment with Yeseul in my arms I've got the courage to get back with you, which is impossible but Yein if we don't have a chance anymore at least give me the chance to get close to my daughter. Just this once." Jungkook begged

I shaked my head continuously.

"No."

"Yein...." he uttered as he took a step forward.

"No. Jungkook no." I said firmly as I look into his eyes.

"I won't let you enter my daughter's life just like that. So please. Leave now. Or do want me to call the guards to do you the favor?" I said and didn't wait for his reply and left.

I don't want to get involved with him anymore. I don't want my daughter to refer Jungkook as her father.

I just don't want him in my life anymore. I don't want to see him, I don't want to get near him.

Because I'm afraid that I'll take him back in my life again and get hurt once again.