17

I woke up when I felt someone plant a soft kiss on my cheeks.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my lovely daughter smiling at me.

"Good afternoon eomma." She cutely said and smiled. "Hello my dear." I said as I sat and carried her in my arms.

"How is my baby?" I asked her as I brush her hair with my fingers.

"I'm fine eomma. Auntie Hyoin told me about harabeoji and halmeoni. When are they going home?" She asked.

"They're not going to leave us aren't they?" She asked again as tears formed in her lovely eyes.

"Aigoo, don't cry Yeseul ah, halmeoni and harabeoji are fine. So don't worry." My mom assured Yeseul.

"Don't cry eo? Halmeoni said that they're fine. They'll soon go home and halmeoni will cook your favorite kimchi stew while harabeoji makes your play house." I said as I wipe my daughters tears

"Don't cry Yeseul ah. Or auntie won't treat you ice cream." Hyoin said as she squat down to Yeseul's level.

Yeseul wiped her tears.

"I won't cry anymore." Yeseul said adorably

"Aigoo, good girl! And because of that auntie Hyoin will treat you ice cream." Hyoin said.

Yeseul got down from my lap and held Hyoin's hand.

"Yeseul ah, are you choosing ice cream over eomma?" I asked in a sulky way.

My daughter went to me and kissed my cheeks.

"I love you eomma, but I can't say no to ice cream." Yeseul adorably said.

My parents laughed and also Hyoin.

I looked away and chuckled.

My daughter will choose ice cream over me. I get it.

"Yeseul ah, kajja! Unnie we will be back in a minute." Hyoin said as she held my daughters hand.

"Arasso, take care of my daughter well Hyoin if not you know what will happen." I warned my sister.

She nodded her head.

"Arasso unnie!" Hyoin said as she left the room with my daughter.

"Yeseul is growing up too fast." I heard my mom say.

"Can't you just stay with us?" My mom continued.

I was stunned by what she just asked me. It was not a grand request if you'll look closely it's natural that a mother ask her daughter and granddaughter to stay by their side and watch Yeseul grow into a fine lady.

But for some reasons I find it hard.

So many things happen for the past 5 years I can't bring myself to be the Yein I used to be.

I left Lovelyz, I beared a child, I became a normal person who just thinks about my daughter and my future.

I looked at my mother.

I sat on the stool next to my mothers bed and held her hands.

"Eomma, we have already talked about this right?"

"I know, but can't you just stay here? Your appa and I are getting older we need someone to take care of us and we also want to see our granddaughter grow up. Please Yein just forget about everything in the past and lets just live happily eo?" She said and held my hand with her both hands.

I looked down and looked at my mother again.

Its not that easy eomma.

-
I got out of my parents room.

"Where did Hyoin and Yeseul go? Its already been 30 minutes since they left." I said to myself and looked at my wrist watch then looked around the hall.

But no signs of the two.

"Aish, where did they go?" I asked myself and then I saw Hyoin running towards me. She's crying and she looks depressed.

I felt fear crept in me.

"Hyoin ah, where is Yeseul?" I asked panicking.

"Unnie..." she said while trying to stop her sobs.

"Hyoin ah, where is my daughter?!" I yelled at her face while holding her shoulders.

"U-nnie Y-yes-eul is mi-ssing." She said

I felt my knees weakened and I fell to the ground.

Where is my daughter?

-
We searched all around the hospital looking for Yeseul, we searched every corner and asked anyone if they saw Yeseul but no one saw her.

I'm getting frustrated! I ruffled my hair as I can't find my daughter.

Hyoin is with me she's still crying.

"Unn-ie..."

"WILL YOU STOP CRYING HYOIN? IF YOU TOOK CARE OF MY DAUGHTER WELL SHE WON'T BE MISSING! I SWEAR IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO HER I WILL FORGET THAT YOU'RE MY SISTER!" I yelled at her. Which made me regret it as I saw more tears fell from her eyes.

I hugged my sister.

"I'm sorry Hyoin ah, I was just getting hysterical I'm sorry." I said sincerely.

She sobbed more.

"I'm sorry unnie, its all my fault I should've taken care of Yeseul more." She said with her voice cracking.

"Aniya, unnie is also at fault. I should've come with you but didn't. Don't cry. Its not your fault." I said and broke the hug.

"Unnie..."

"Let's seperate. You go to the other wing while I search for Yeseul in this wing. Contact me when you see her arasso?" I cut her off and she gave me a nod.

We seperate ways and I searched for Yeseul again

I came to pass by a hallway and saw a vending machine and saw my daughter near it she's crying with a man talking to her.

I sighed in relief as I saw my daughter.

"Yeseul ah!" I called my daughter and she looked at me.

"Eomma!" She exclaimed and run towards me.

She hugged my waist and sobbed and I hugged her back. I squated down.

"Eomma, I'm scared." She sobbed.

I wiped her tears.

"Don't cry baby, mommy is here." I said and hugged her.

I comforted my daughter for a bit before standing up.

I looked at the man who's talking to Yeseul earlier and when our eyes met I froze on my spot.