4-"Stupid asthma."

A/N:

Just posting a few chapters to get people excited.

Steve Grand-

I went to my house from work. There, of course, was Zoey Hatch.

Zoey Hatch was my fiancée. We had been planning our wedding, and we lived together. She had curly black hair that reached her mid back, and green eyes the color of leaves. Her skin was hazel colored, and her face had a few wrinkles. She had a short temper, and was 29, a year older than me. I said I loved her, but I'm not sure if I know what real love is, anymore.

"Steve?" She said, bringing me back to reality.

"Huh?" I ask.

Zoey groans. "C'mon, Steve, I was asking what we should do for the honeymoon."

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm just kinda distracted."

"Work?"

I scoff. "Exactly," I tell her.

It wasn't a complete lie. It was about school and work. But, I couldn't seem to have Ajax leave my mind. His perfectly golden hair, his sky blue eyes...

"Steve!" She complained again.

"Sorry, Sorry. I'll pay attention."

I didn't know what it was about him. I wasn't sure if I was gay or not. I've been struggling with this for a while. I wasn't sure what feeling was what. Was what I was feeling towards men love, and to women friendship? Or was it the other way around?

Either way, it seemed like a line to cross with a student.

~~~

Ajax-

The next day, Tuesday, gym was our first class.

Dressed in the stupid gym uniforms, my friends and I sat down on the bleachers. Plenty of other kids were already there, chatting amongst themselves. Addy smiled wickedly at me. "Day one of Operation Grand."

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, Addy. We just gotta take it slow."

Addy groaned, but agreed.

Coach Grand stepped into the gym. He wore a black shirt and tan cargo shorts, and a whistle hung around his neck. He blew it, making everybody in the gym wince as the sound echoed throughout the room. "Hey, Echo," I got my friends attention. "It's copying your name."

Echo rolled her eyes, but I could see her smile. She never got tired of me making jokes about her name.

"Okay, listen up!" He called out. "Today we're going to start our unit. First, we're going to work on endurance. After we get through that, we're gonna start playing some basketball." As he said this, various kids started whooping and cheering.

"Now, trust me, this will not be an easy class. It will not be an easy A, if that's what you were expecting. I will work you harder than Coach Peabody did last year. Is that clear?

"Everybody, get up. Start by running for 10 minutes. No stopping for water, or standing still. You can walk, but any people who run the full 10 minutes will get a reward."

Kids groaned as they got up, and Coach Grand started a timer for 10 minutes. He blew the whistle, and everybody started a small jog around the gym.

Now, this was not the best thing for me. I had exercise induced asthma, so, as you can imagine, running for 10 minutes would be hard. I had an inhaler, of course, but there was no way I'd be able to run all that time.

Addy on the other hand, definitely could. She and Grace were very athletic, and I knew that they'd take on the challenge.

Echo would stay back with me. She didn't have asthma, she just didn't have good endurance.

Echo and I were able to run 5 minutes before walking. I put my arms above my head, trying to get my breath back.

We had been walking for 2 minutes before Coach Grand confronted us. "Are ya gonna walk the whole time?!" He yelled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Sir," I said in a voice that pinned me as a damsel in distress. "My asthma has just gotten the better of me."

He looked at Echo. "And your excuse?" He asked.

She shrugged. "I'm just bad at running."

"Well you, Ms. Hill, better get running again."

"What about Ajax?" My friend complained.

"Mr. Miller can continue walking," he told her before facing me again. "Though, He should have told me so I could have kept a special eye on him."

Echo groaned, glaring at me. Coach Grand raised his eyebrows at her. "And why aren't you running yet?" Echo shook her head before embarking on another jog.

"Mr. Miller," he addressed me, the stern look on his face had softened. "Make sure to tell me if you need anything."

I nodded, and continued walking around the gym.

When Echo met back up with me, I jogged with her. "You little bitch," she muttered under her breath to me.

I chuckled. "Just buildin' up the sexual tension, Ek," I tell her with a smug smile.

"Stupid asthma," Echo said, but a smile was on her face.

Eventually, PE ended. Soon, I was in photography class. I was beaming with excitement. Photography was my passion.

The teacher stepped in. Her name was Ms. Lee. She was around her early 50s, and had white hair. Her eyes were a navy blue, and she was very sweet. She was one of those zen old ladies, that you might expect to teach art, telling you to love everybody. She was a strange lady.

But, this year, Eric joined the class.

She couldn't stand him from the second he called out in class. In all of my years taking her class, I had never seen her even frown, but with Eric she seemed... angry, almost.

With Eric, or course, was Duke and Daniel. They caused so much disruption in class, that they caused Ms. Lee to raise her voice. Ms. Lee was truly intimidating when given the chance.

And today, she snapped.