29-"It's..."

A/N:

I HAVE WRITTEN THIS CHAPTER SO MANY TIMES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PERFECT WAY TO DO THIS. HELP.

Ajax-

Christmas was spent as a family.

Me, Addy, Echo, Grace, Mom, Nathan, Dad, Riley, Mrs. White, Mr. White, Mrs. Hill, Mr. Hill, Keiynan, Phoenix, Orion, and even Griffin, Grandpa Colton, and Jeff.

But, the next day, I went to Steve's cabin.

It was great. Far away, the cabin had a little balcony, and just a cozy atmosphere. Snow was falling, and the stars were bright.

"This is amazing," I told him.

He shrugged, closing the door behind us. "I guess. It's just a little thing in my family."

I rolled my eyes and threw my luggage on a chair, flopping on the couch.

Steve chuckled, following close behind me. He got on the couch, and I moved positions so I was on top of him. Before long, our lips were intertwined.

"Hey," Steve suggested, pulling away, "how about we exchange gifts?"

I smiled, immediately rushing off him and took my suitcase. "Give me five minutes," I told him, "and meet me on the balcony."

He nodded, and we both rushed off.

Six minutes later, Steve and I were on the balcony.

It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. Snow blanketed the peaceful view, and the already white balcony. The sky was pitch black, besides little peppers of stars and planets. The moon was merely a sliver, yet light shines down from it.

And beside me on the couch, under our shared blanket, lay Steve. The most beautiful part of the view.

We exchanged glances before gifts, both giggling to ourselves as we unwrapped whatever was inside.

I was able to get mine opened first.

It was a camera—more specifically, a Nikon D7200. It was as expensive as it was a great camera—and let me tell you, it was fantastic.

Observing the gift mode, I observed the engraved letters 'To AM, From SG. May your talent take you great places.' I smiled, knowing all the effort, money, and thought clearly put into it.

"Steve," I sighed, flipping the device over in my hands, "this... this is fantastic. But, it's so expensive, and—" I stopped talking as soon as I looked up at him. He was gaping at the gift from me, his face unreadable.

"S-Steve?" I said. I blushed, looking away. "Is it... is it okay?"

He chuckled slightly, mouth still hanging open. "It's..."

I groaned, flopping my arms. "I-I-I knew it, i-it's too much, I should ha—"

"It's perfect," Steve interjected, resting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

He nodded, a tear in his eye. He pulled me into a sweet and tender kiss, a few salty tears escaping.

There were two gifts in his box.

He pulled out the first. It was a shot glass. It had the words, 'Drunk words are sober thoughts.' I had bought it from the bar where I saw Steve, and he saved me from my attacker.

Then, below that, were two necklaces. Both had a small charm that said, 'No mistakes.' I picked up the silver one, and cautiously secured it around Steve's neck. He picked up the gold one, and put it on mine.

His lips grazed mine, a touch that lit up my insides. He gently moved his hand to my cheek, and I pulled him in for more. It was soft and sweet, full of love and caring.

Before long, it morphed into more. Yes, it still had the love and care, but there was something else, too. It was filled more with... lust.

Our hands roamed one another's bodies, slight whimpers and moans escaping one mouth and being swallowed by the other. It got to the point where Steve was sitting on a nice, cushioned chair, his shirt removed and on the ground somewhere behind us, and I straddled him, my shirt slowly being pulled over my head. He palmed the bulge in my pants, and I moaned deep into his mouth. He immediately jumped at the opportunity, his tongue darting into my mouth.

I started to remove his belt, but he suddenly stopped me. He pulled away for the first time, putting his hand up. He didn't speak for a while, giving the both of us time to catch our breaths.

"Yeah?" I finally asked, shivering slightly from the exposure to the cold. I smiled as I felt the cool metal against my chest, the light reflecting ever so slightly off the one on Steve's.

He ran his hand through his dark, now messy hair, and met my eyes, sending a different kind of chill over me. "Are you sure you want to go this far?" He asked, pupils dilated, burning a hole in my head. Before I could answer, Steve put a reassuring hand on my arm. "I understand if you don't. But, if we go further than this..." he moved his eyes to my bare arm where his hand rested, giving it a gentle squeeze before finally turning back to my blue eyes, "... I'm not sure we'll be able to turn back."

No words were said as I took my time to think. The only sounds were our heavy breathing and the distant background noise of bugs.

This could be my chance to win the bet, I thought. I held back a smirk as I thought of Addy's face when I told her that I had slept with the gym coach and photography teacher.

You're underage! He's your teacher! the more rational side of my brain screamed.

I pondered my options. But, ultimately, the cons outweighed the pros.

I gave a guilty smile to Steve, finally answering, "I'm sorry, it's just—"

Steve stopped me by placing a small peck on my lips. "No, it's okay. I promise."

He stroked some of my blonde hair behind my ear. "Are-are you sure?" I questioned.

He chuckled, his defined chest rising and falling. "Yes. I'm just happy to be here with you."

I smiled, letting my head rest against his chest. "Thank you."

He continued to stroke my hair, ignoring the chill we both felt.