22-"We're stupid."

A/N:

That's Eli, in the photo. Just so you can have a face to his name.

Ajax-

I finally went back to school on Tuesday.

It felt good, not having to be afraid.

With Eric gone, everybody was nicer. Duke, Daniel, and everybody else. It was fantastic.

Addy was still taking some time off, nightmares keeping her up most of the night.

As I stepped into gym, I could sense Steve's eyes on me. I tried to ignore them. I tried to do the normal activities, and act like everything was normal.

But, it wasn't.

Nothing was normal.

I was in a complicated relationship with my teacher, my sister almost got raped, I got in—and won—a fight.

But, Steve—Coach Grand, during gym—said nothing.

Everybody knew something was wrong.

I had a black eye, Eric was gone, and Addy was absent.

Kids surrounded me, but I couldn't give them an answer. Echo and Grace helped keep them away, allowing me to have my space.

During photography, Steve stared at me even more. I was surprised nobody else seemed to notice.

At the end of class, he said, "Ajax, please come in at the beginning of lunch."

I nodded. I'd just have to get through geometry before that.

Never had geometry felt so long.

When lunch finally came, I immediately rushed to Steve's room.

Once I approached his door, nerves filled me. I hesitantly knocked on the classroom door, my thoughts whirling.

The door creaked open, and Steve pulled me inside. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine. My back was pinned against the wall as my teacher's hands curled around my shirt.

Taken aback, my mouth opened to gasp, and Steve slipped his tongue. Before long, I was kissing him back, my hands gliding through his black hair.

Eventually, we pulled away, completely breathless.

Steve smiled, chuckling slightly. He fixed his hair, and I fixed my shirt. "So," He said, "how're you feeling? About your sister?"

I nodded slowly. "I'm... okay," I told him, not sure if I was telling the truth. "Addy will be okay, and Eric's gone. Good enough for me."

He nodded. He rubbed my shoulder reassuringly, and suddenly a though popped into my head. "Hey, Steve?" I said.

He nodded. "Yeah?"

"What ever happened to Zoey?" I asked.

Steve groaned. He pinched the bridge of his nose, eyes shut.

"Sorry," I apologized. "Must be a tough subject."

He sighed. "No, no, it's okay. I get it."

I sighed in relief.

"So. Zoey," he continued. "My former fiancée." Another sighed released from his lips. "Yeah. I broke up with her."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because... well, we were wedding planning. I couldn't pay attention because... because I was thinking about you." I blushed, and we both looked down in embarrassment.

"You... you were thinking about me?" I repeated.

Steve chuckled. He wiped some stray blonde hairs out of my face as I stared into his eyes. "Of course. I had almost kissed you! And you're my student! Do you realize how stupid that was?!"

My head hung. "So... it's stupid that you kissed me?"

"No!" He assured me. "No, no! Ajax, c'mon! You may be the best thing that's happened to me! I didn't mean it in that way!"

My eyes clenched shut, and my fingers curled to fists. "No," I said. "No, you're right. This is a stupid mistake. You're my teacher! I kissed you! Do you realize how stupid that was?"

Steve groaned. He ran his hands over his face, running his hair. "Ajax, c'mon! You know I didn't mean it in that way! I..."

"No. No, it's okay," I told him. "You said it the way you did. You clearly meant what you said. And, you were right, I guess. It's stupid. We're stupid. You could get fired. I could get expelled."

I sighed, and shook my head. I ignored how foggy Steve's face and classroom were, due to all the tears swimming in my eyes. I ignored the bet with Addy. I ignored the burning desire in my chest for my teacher. I ignored his sad, helpless tone. I ignored the spark from every touch he ever gave me.

I thought about the dangers. Him losing his job. Me getting expelled. His fiancée being crazy and killing me for stealing her man.

"You're right," I repeated. "I'm sorry, i-i gotta go."

I rushed out of his classroom, letting his hand slip from my arm, leaving behind his desperate voice calling out to me.

And one thought played in my head. But, not only was it my thought, and my voice in my head, but it was Addy's, too.

And Addy was shaking her head, a disappointed look on her face.

You fucked up.

But the worse part.

I knew she was right.

A/N:

Hey, can you guys give me feedback on these photos?