8-"$300?!"

Ajax-

Sunday.

Photo shoot day.

I was having Echo cover for me. "Mom!" I shouted. "Addy and I are going to Echo's house!"

"Okay, sweetie," she called back. I chose to tell her because she would never question me.

"Sweet!" I exclaimed in a hushed voice to Addy.

Addy did actually go to Echo's house. Grace met them there, and I dropped off my sister. But, after that, I drove myself to the address printed on the slip of paper.

I anxiously stood at his door. He lived right by the school, so his house was almost immediately on . I knocked hesitantly on the wooden door, and waited two seconds before it opened.

First a crack, then his eyes met mine. He opened it fully. "Hi, Mr. Grand," I greeted with a small wave.

"Oh, you can call me Steve," he insisted.

My nerves were building up even more. My heart was pounding. Was I... falling for him? That was not part of the plan.

"Okay, Steve," I said, his name rolling off my tongue.

"Come in," he told me. He seemed so dominant, so in control. I wonder if he'd be the same in the bed...

I stepped inside and saw a small and modest house. He had a few photographs hanging up. Some I assumed he had taken, like a beautiful photo of an empty beach in a storm, and others were taken of him, such as a photo of him graduating what seemed like college.

"So," Mr. Grand—Steve—said, catching my attention. "The changing room is just back there. I have a shirt and a pair of pants pulled out that I think'll be great for this shoot."

"For this shoot?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, I hope, if you're up to it, to have some more shoots with you."

I felt my heart almost leap out of my chest with joy. "S-Sure, Yeah," I agreed.

Steve smiled. "Great."

I went to where he had directed me to change. It was a small, almost closet like room. He had laid out a black shirt and some dark jeans, so I assumed this'd be a rather sad photo shoot.

I carefully tore off my clothes, and put on the ones that were in the closet.

I walked out of the dressing room, nerves filling me. Steve was standing there, back against the wall. He pushed himself off when he saw me. "Ah, Ajax, come over here," he said, putting his hand on my back and directing me to another room.

The new room was a small, all white room. It was a basement, and there was a sliver of light coming in from a small window near the ceiling. In there, there was a small wooden stool and a tripod, with a camera placed on it.

Steve smiled. He had been thinking about this for a while, I realized. "So, Ajax, if you could just take a seat on the stool over there. Great. Just like that." I was sitting on the stool, and his hands kept adjusting parts of my body. "Great, can you put your foot up on this rung so your knee is just like that..." his hands placed my foot so it was off the ground, and he grabbed my hand, placing it on my knee. I felt a tingle where he had touched me, and I released a smile.

Steve went over to the camera, and took it off the stand. He looked through it, trying to figure out exactly how to put me. "Okay, could you just look up towards the window... great, just like that. Keep a-a-a solemn look on your face... great." I heard his camera click a few times.

"Great, perfect. Okay, now can you just look down, push your lip out slightly... yeah, that... that's great," he added the last part, and I could almost hear his smile. His voice sounded so joyful. It was deep, and kinda sexy.

It's just for the $50, I scolded myself.

After a few more poses, we were done. "It's 5:30 already?" I asked.

Steve sighed, nodding. His camera was hanging from his chest. "I'm afraid so. You can get changed into your normal clothes, and the photos'll be ready to see by next session. Again, if your up to it."

I smiled at the thought of more time with him. "That'd be great."

I changed back into my normal clothes, and walked back into the main part of the house. Steve was standing there, holding an envelope. "Here," He said, handing it to me.

"What is it?" I asked, surprised.

"Your pay," he said in a tone that made it seem obvious.

I shook my head. "No, I couldn't possibly..."

He shakes his head, giving it to me. "I insist. You're a legal adult bring a model, it's only right for you to get paid."

"H-how much is it?" I nervously asked.

Steve shrugged. "The normal amount I pay models."

I opened the envelope, thumbing through it. "$300?!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled. "Of course. It's a fairly standard fee for the time I took, the number of shoots I took, the drive down..."

I was beside myself. "$300?" I repeated. "You want to pay me, an amateur 'model'," I added air quotes around 'model', "$300?"

He shrugged, but nodded as he did it. "Well, I guess. But, with the way you were performing, it was hard to tell you were an amateur." I blushed.

"Okay," I agreed. "Thanks, Steve," I said, waking goodbye.

"My pleasure, Ajax," he replied as I stepped out of his house.

I drove to Echo's, getting there at exactly 5:45. "How'd it go?" Addy asked.

I wasn't sure what to say. "Um, well, it went good. I got paid."

Addy was sitting on the floor, but after hearing this, she bolted up. I had Echo and Grace's attention. "How much?" Grace asked.

I held up the envelope. "3," I told them, slightly embarrassed.

"3 dollars?" Echo asked.

I shook my head, laughing. "3 hundred dollars."

Addy snatched the envelope from my hands. "What. The. Fuck." I smiled. "So, whether or not you win the bet, you still get $250?"

I shook my head. "No. We're gonna do more sessions."

"So you're gonna get paid 300 bucks a week?!"

I nodded, blushing slightly. She slapped me with the envelope full of money. "You dick!" She complained.

I laughed, and grabbed the money back. "Not my fault I'm so naturally beautiful," I bragged, flipping my hair.

She groaned, but I couldn't help but think.

Was I falling for Steve?