17-"'Grand Man'?"

Ajax-

He plopped down with a sigh.

Dad had agreed to let me talk to Steve for a while, alone. He didn't know who he was, yet.

We didn't look at each other.

After a while of silence, Steve said, "How's your head feeling?"

I shrugged. "Alright, I guess."

It was obvious he elephant in the room.

The kiss.

We sat there in silence, and I could feel his gaze on me. "Ajax, could we... could we talk about... about what happened?" He asks with some hesitance.

I sigh. "Sure, Steve. Talk." I let my eyes linger on his figure for a few seconds afterwards.

He sighed, fiddling with his fingers. "I..." he groaned, putting his head in his hands, "that shouldn't have happened."

I cross my arms. "Why not?" I ask, taking him by surprise. "You like me, and I sure as hell like you, so why can't we kiss and stuff?" It was clear the painkiller was getting to me.

Steve chuckled, brushing a piece of my loose blonde hair out of my face. "What makes you think I like you," Steve teases.

I thrown my hands on the bed, rolling my eyes at him. "Are ya kidding me? You admitted you wanted to kiss me, then you did kiss me, and—."

"You kissed me back," he defends.

I roll my eyes. "And you got a boner 'cus of lil' ol' me." Steve started blushing.

"N-no I didn't," he stuttered out.

I do the same roll my eyes and throw down my arms. "I woke up with my head on your chest, and you woke up with a boner!"

"At least I didn't have a wet dream about my teacher," he shot back.

Now it was my turn to blush. "I didn't do that!" I yelled back, clearly lying.

Steve chuckled. "I heard you moaning my name two nights ago, Ajax. If that isn't a wet dream, I don't know what is."

I bashfully turned away, but he tugged at my chin so I faced him, gazing into his brown eyes. He slowly leaned in, reminding me of the night in the bar. I was so unsure of what was happening, but I closed my eyes, and tried to go with it.

Unlike the bar, this time he actually kissed me.

I felt the same jolt, and started turning my body so it'd face him.

The kiss had started out gently, lips barely grazing each other. But at this point, he was devouring me.

His tongue slipped into my mouth, pulling my slimy and shy tongue into what was either a dance or a battle. Steve stood up, walking closer to the bed side so he could get as much as me as he could.

He finally pulled away, completely out of breath. "God, Ajax, I don't know what I'm gonna do with you," he breathed out with a smirk.

I smirked back. "I have an idea." I pulled his lips back to mine, this time tugging on his chin.

The door popped open, and he jumped away.

The nurse came in, holding a clipboard with papers on it. She looked through them quickly before addressing me. "Well, Mr. Miller, you are all set to go."

I had to get taken out to the car in a wheelchair due to how loopy I was because of the medicine. It was hard for the nurse to operate the wheelchair in the snow, but she managed.

We carefully drove home in silence after picking up my medicine. Addy didn't make some smart remark about the bet, Dad didn't yell, Riley didn't comfort. Mom and Nathan had taken Mom's car, but it was technically Dad's day to take care of us.

When we finally got home, Mom and Nathan entered Dad's apartment. I was sitting on my bed, the effects of the drug wearing off and my pain coming back.

My four caretakers yelled at me, talking about the safety hazards of meeting up with a stranger, lying to them, etc. I told them about the money, but that didn't make a difference.

They also yelled at Addy, and I was almost positive Mr. and Mrs. Hill were yelling at Echo, and Mr. and Mrs. White were yelling at Grace.

I apologized to Addy. "It's okay, Ajax." She dismissed it. "Any way, how eventful was your weekend with Grand Man?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "'Grand Man'? Really?" Addison rolled her eyes. "It was... eventful."

"Do I owe ya 50 bucks?"

"Not just yet. Just some light kissing."

"Well it clearly wasn't that light if it caused ya to crack open your head!"

"No, that was because I was so startled by Dad's call," I explain calmly. "Though, it was because he called me while Steve and I were kissing." I blushed slightly as Addy punched my arm.

I was grounded for a month. "Straight to school, straight home," Mom told me.

I sighed. "For a month!" I exclaimed.

She nodded. "You shouldn't have lied to us."

"Couldn't I just give you the money I earned?" I groaned.

"No," Mom was persistent. "That's not the problem. In fact, you can have the money. I just don't want you seeing him ever again."

I rolled my eyes. Kinda hard to do that, I think, but I say nothing.

Echo and Grace were allowed to come over once to check on me, despite me being grounded. Mom just thought that they were a 'good influence'.

"Did you at least sleep with him?" Echo asked.

I chuckled. "No, Ek, I didn't. Some people don't deal comfortable sleeping with guys the same night of their first kiss."

Echo scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Addy?" I said. "Your love life?"

Addy looked like she was in a dream world. "Duke is amazing!" She sighed.

I sighed, but a different sigh. "He is still part of Eric's group, ya know."

"What did happen to Eric, by the way?" Echo asked.

I smirked slightly. "He got suspended. Punched a kid."

Echo groaned. "How can you even be dating his friend, Addy?"

They ended up arguing, completely tuning Grace and me out.

"So, Grace," I drew out the words, turning to her. "How's your mystery love going?"

Grace blushed, shaking her head. She hadn't contributed much to the conversation about Addy's love, so I thought. "Do you like Duke?" I asked, alarmed.

Grace's eyes widened. "Hell no! Why would you even think that, Ajax?"

I shake my head. "It was a stupid idea. But, have you made any progress?"

Grace stuck her tongue into her cheek. "Doesn't matter. She—he—is dating somebody else."

I shrugged. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen," I tell her. "He'd be lucky to have you," I say, tapping my fist into her shoulder.

She chuckled, blushing. "I just hope they notice," she sighs sadly.

I patted her back. "They will."