10-"Freedom!"

Ajax-

The cool air hit my face, and I let out a triumphant sigh.

It was Echo's birthday, which was perfectly placed on a Saturday. We all stayed at her place, but we, of course, were sneaking out. "You only turn 18 once, Ek," Grace argued. We had done the same for when Grace turned 18.

Now, we were climbing out of her window. Once we were all out, we ran down the street, at top speed. "Freedom!" I shouted once we were far enough away from her house.

We all erupted into giggles. "That. Was. Awesome," Echo said, still trying to catch her breath.

I shook my head. "We haven't even seen awesome, yet."

Being gay, I had found my way to some gay bars. There were little options otherwise. What I had told Steve wasn't a lie. I had recently broken up with my boyfriend. His name was Roy, and I met him at one of the gay bars.

Echo still was hesitant. "But, guys, my parents—our parents—would kill us if we had hangovers," she pointed out.

I shrugged. "Just don't drink too much alcohol, and don't get with any guys."

"But we're not even supposed to have alcohol! We aren't even supposed to be... here," she said the last thing quieter, because we had just reached the bar.

"This isn't a bar!" Echo exclaimed.

I shrugged. "Bar, club, same thing."

Echo shook her head, backing away. "Oh no, those are not the same thing."

Addy grabbed her arm, and started pulling her back. "C'mon, Echo!" She pleaded.

Echo sighed. "How're we gonna get in?"

Addy smiled. "Duke said the bouncer owed him a favor."

"So Duke is here?" I asked, annoyance clear in my voice.

Addy scoffed. "Yes. He's my boyfriend."

Grace rolled her eyes. "Geez, you went on one date with him last week! That hardly makes him your boyfriend."

Addy shrugged, and strutted over to the bouncer. I joined her with a groan, and Grace dragged Echo along.

We waited a few minutes before Duke showed up and we were finally able to go inside. "Okay, remember, don't drink too much, and don't leave the bar. Meet up back outside at 3 o'clock sharp," I reminded them. It was already 12:00.

They all did a sharp nod, and we went off. Addy took Duke to the dance floor, and I led Grace and Echo to the bar. "6 tequilas," I requested. The bartender stared at us for some time, but finally turned around and started making our drinks.

"Why do we need those," Echo questioned.

I laughed. "For karaoke, silly."

Grace continued for me. "If you do sober karaoke, then you'll be too quiet, or something else. With some alcohol in your system, you'll completely embarrass yourself, but neither you nor anybody here will remember!"

The bartender set down the shot glasses, and I took both of mine in my hands. I downed both in one gulp. I ignored the burning sensation in my throat, and watched Grace drink hers with confidence. "Your turn, Echo," she said, motioning to the last two drinks.

Echo groaned, because she knew we'd shove them down her throat if we needed. She drank them, and then started violently coughing. "Why would anybody drink that?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Give it a few minutes. The feeling is far better than the taste," Grace answered.

"And, it's an accustomed taste," I told her. "I had the same reaction my first shot."

After some time and a few more shots later, the three of us were up on stage. "Don't stop believing! Hold on to the feeling!" We sing our hearts out.

When we did finally stop, I sat back down at the bar. "Surprise me," I told the bartender, breathless. He turned around and went to work.

As I was waiting for the drink, a girl came and sat beside me. I had lost Grace and Echo at this point. "So," She said, batting her eye lashes and leaning in, "you had a nice voice."

I put my hand up to her face. "Not interested. I don't swing that way," I told her.

She sat up straight. "That's great, actually. Rod!" She called out behind her.

A man I assumed to be Rod came up, and took the woman's seat. He looked around 21, with short brow hair and brown eyes. "Hey. I heard you singing up there, you had a nice voice." I internally rolled my eyes. Did he seriously just use the same pick up line as her?

I smiled. I looked around the bar, and saw Echo and Grace dancing, along with Addy grinding against Duke. If Addy could have some flirtatious fun, why couldn't I? "Thanks."

"So, what's your name?" Rod asked.

"Axel," I told him. At bars or clubs, I never used my real name. The club was a place for me to just let my reality slip away.

Rod smiled. "Nice name."

"Thanks." Honestly, I knew this wasn't the type of guy I'd go home with, but it didn't seem as if there were any other gay people in the crowd.

The bartender came up with a foggy yellow drink. There was ice floating at the top, and a straw. I just avoided the straw, downing half of it in one gulp.

Rod smiled. "So, ya wanna her out of here?" I asked.

I shook my head, standing up. "Sorry, not interested."

I felt his meaty hand grab my arm as I turned around. "C'mon. Just give me some head in the alley."

I didn't dare turn around. "Not. Interested." I said again, this time more firmly.

He yanked me back. "Axel, I swear," he mumbled into my ear, "I will get you out of this club one way or another."

I tried to yank my arm back. "Rod, I swear I will not go out of this club with you," I told him through gritted teeth.

He pulled me back, and I could feel my feet being dragged back with him. I didn't want to make a big scene, so I decided to do nothing.

I'll be okay, I told myself over and over.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and a single tear streamed down my face.

I'll be okay.

A/N:

Dang! Chapter 10 is finished and Steve and Ajax haven't even kissed yet! This relationship definitely is the slowest romantically moving, but it's a good story to stick with.

Also, check out Teach Me, Daddy. It has a slight comedic tone to it, and it is much faster paced than this book. And, if you couldn't tell from the title, it has a daddy kink.

Tell me your ideas! I love to hear them! Thanks for reading.