33-"Carrot theif."

A/N:

It's my birthday today (7.21), So I decided to give you guys a present too!

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Ajax-

After another week, Steve and I were back to normal.

But, we rarely brought up college after that.

I'd be held after class to 'talk'. I'd get to class early to 'talk'. Steve and I would visit Pier 6 together, have dinners are his house, or make quick coffee trips to a far away cafe.

Though, one time, we were almost caught.

It was during lunch, so we assumed everybody else would be occupied.

I knocked on his office door, which was down in the gym. "Come in!" He called out.

I created open the door slowly, and quickly but quietly shut it behind me. I didn't want anybody else to find us.

"You wanted to see me, Sir," I said with a smirk.

Steve smiled and took off his reading glasses. He walked around his desk, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I did," he muttered in a deep and sexy voice, head close to my lips.

He brushed his lips teasingly against the corner of my mouth. "You failed the fitness test," he told me, holding back a smile. He kept his low voice, his mouth right beside my ear.

I shook my head, my insides sparking. "I swear, Steve," I threatened, "I will kill you if you only called me in to—"

My sentence was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. I hummed into his mouth by surprise, and I could feel the smug smirk he wore.

He continued to pull me closer, hands on my face and running through my hair. I greeted his hands openly, pushing my own under his shirt and trailing his spine.

Click

We both jumped away at the sudden noise. Steve's eyes widened as he realized the door was slowly being opened. He pushed me away, making me tumble into the corner of his office.

"Mr. Grand," a frantic and rushed voice said, one I instantly recognized as my Spanish teacher, Ms. Barton, "would you mind taking my lunch duties?" She asked, finally stepping fully into the office. She looked flustered, clearly preoccupied. But, once her eyes met Steve's, she instantly looked him up and down with a confused look on her face.

"Mr. Grand, why are your lips swollen?" She asked, eyebrows pushed together.

Steve panicked for an answer. "I-I um... a-allergic... allergic reaction," he finally stuttered out. He put his hands on his hips, shifting his weight from one foot to another. "Yeah, something from my... my new whistle. Ridiculous, right?" He added with a slight nervous chuckle.

I pushed myself farther in the corner, begging myself to stay hidden.

Thankfully, Ms. Barton shook her head, dismissing Steve's lips. I could tell she noticed how out of place his shirt was, and how his hair was messy, and even how nervous and out of breath he was. But, she just put it aside.

"Just... forget about it," she told him. "I came in here to ask if you could talk my lunch shift? Harper is sick, and I have to go pick her up from school, and..."

Steve put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. I'll cover it."

Ms. Barton smiled, releasing a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness." She wrapped him in a quick and tight hug, and I tried to ignore the ping of jealousy I felt. Steve was gay—no reason to worry about Ms. Barton. Though, it was clear she had a thing for him. Her eyes practically turned to heart emojis as soon as she saw him.

Steve shrugged. "No problem. Now, go pick up your kid!" He motioned her out of his office, and she flashed him one last grin before rushing out.

I waited until her footsteps were too far away for me to hear before coming out of the corner. "Harper?" I asked immediately as Steve started fixing his attire.

"Daughter," he explained monotonously. He picked up a hand mirror on his desk, checking and double checking his hair. "Alright, I got to go. Love you."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead and started towards the door, but I grabbed his arm to stop him. "Wait, Steve, that was really close," I reminded him. "We need to be careful next time."

He sighed, once again running his hand through his hair. "I know. It was my fault, I guess. I should've locked the door or something."

I sighed, rolling my eyes slightly. "Yeah," I said sarcastically.

Steve glared at me, but I dismissed it. He pulled me in for one last kiss, this time on the lips. "I love you," He said again.

I chuckled slightly. "I love you, too."

Steve grinned, ruffling my hair and rushing out before he could hear my complaints. I let out another laugh, and waited a few minutes before heading to lunch.

As I sat down next to Echo, Grace and Addy across from me, all three girls stared at me suggestively.

I rolled my eyes. After a few minutes of silence, I finally gave in. "If you guys want to say something, say it!" I demanded.

Echo started snickering. "Getting a quirky during lunch, eh?" She asked with a smirk.

I gave her a light and playful push, which she returned. "We didn't do anything," I informed her.

Addy wiggled her eyebrows. "You didn't do anything?"

I groaned. "Alright, we kissed a little, bit that was it!" I tried to convince them, throwing my arms up dramatically.

Grave laughed, taking a carrot from my lunch tray. I stared at her, my mouth wide open and hands still in the air. She just giggled, and I shook my arms again. "What the heck?!" I yelled, earning a few glances from other people around the cafeteria. I noticed one was Steve, and I blushed as he smiled and chuckled at me.

Grace crunched on the carrot, bringing my attention back to her. "They're good," she shrugged.

I scrunched my noise, folding my arms like a child. "Carrot thief," I muttered.

Grace shook her head, giving me a light shove from across the table. "Dork," she replied.

We continued to talk throughout lunch, making jokes and stealing each other's food.