38-"Happy birthday."

Ajax-

March 18th.

Night before prom.

And my birthday!

So many privileges came with turning eighteen. Though, just because some things weren't legal before didn't stop us.

Still, this was a big date.

Addy shook my body fiercely at 6:12 A.M., excitement coursing through her veins. "It's our birthday!" She cheered.

I groaned, throwing my blanket over my head. "And the weekend," I pointed out with a groan. "A time for sleeping."

"Not on our birthday!" Addy rolled the blanket off of me, grabbing and pulling my arm. "C'mon, you lazy butt! We got stuff to do!"

Addy yanked me out of my bed, and my body fell hard against the wood floor. I groaned in pain, running a hand through my hair and cradling my knee, which I banged as I fell. "Bitch," I muttered under my breath, struggling to stand.

"Jerk," Addy shot back, a bright grin plastered on her face. She rushed out of my room, and I got ready for the day.

Breakfast was waffles. Always the breakfast on a birthday.

All of us—Dad, Riley, Nathan, Mom, Addy, and me—sat at the table, eating. We talked and laughed, and honestly had a great time.

We opened presents around lunch time while eating PB&J sandwiches and goldfish. I couldn't help but feel like a little kid as my eyes lit up with each and every present, still dressed in my pajamas.

From Mom, I got a new strap for my camera. It was better padded and more comfortable. It was also decorated with the pride flag.

Nathan got me a book called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It was a book about photography, and I had been talking non-stop about it.

Dad and Riley got me one gift together—tickets to a super expensive gallery. VIP. I'd get to go around and look at all the cool art, and even get to meet a few of the artists and photographers!

I saved Addy's for last. She had the biggest grin on her face as she handed me my gift. It was a Ted Gore signed poster. Ted Gore is a famous landscape photographer, and I looked up to him in so many ways. His photography was great, and expressive, and he seemed just like a nice girl.

As if I were a fan girl, I squealed with delight, throwing my arms around Addy's neck and squeezing her tight. I muttered my Thanks multiple times, and she continued to laugh the whole time.

I gave Addy my gift to her. It was a The King and I poster, signed by the whole Broadway cast. Addy's eyes went wide in disbelief, mouth agape.

"Addy?" I asked with a chuckle. "I see we went a similar route with presents."

Addy remained silent, gawking at the signed poster of her favorite musical. She and Mom and gone to see it as a Christmas present, and she had been obsessing over it—even more so than before.

After a few more moments, Addy's stubbed face turned into a glorious smile. "Thank you!" She cried, hugging me just as I did her. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"

I smiled. "No problem, Ad."

We went to dinner with Phoenix, Orion, and even Griffin tagging along. The Hills and Whites joined us, too, and Keiynan was going to, but he had plans.

We got back home and Mom, Dad, and Nathan told us stories of their college days.

"Your mother was always there for me," Dad started. "They say you only fall in love twice, but I think I got lucky. First Andi, then Key, then Riles," he said, almost as if he were talking more to himself than to us.