39-"Prom night!" Pt. 1

Ajax-

"Prom night!"

I groaned loudly as my mom came rushing into my room, screaming and chanting.

"Prom night! Prom night!"

I put a hand to my forehead, squishing my eyes shut and yanking my blanket over my head. Hangovers were bitches.

From across the hall, I could hear Addy's muffled groans.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked tauntingly. "Too much excitement to handle?"

I was 95% certain that Mom knew what we did on birthdays—especially 18–But she never called us out. I thanked her for that. But she seemed to always be particularly loud that day.

"Baby!" I heard Nathan grumble from bed. "Stop it with the shouting!"

Mom laughed, yanking down my blanket. I hissed as the sun reflected against her blonde hair. "Up, sleepy head!"

"Why?" I whined, rolling around.

Mom smirked. "What were you up to last night?" She asked jokingly. Or knowingly. Or both.

I glared at her, and she shook her head as she went into Addy's room and did the same thing.

I was finally able to get up, and immediately hopping in a hot shower. I soon turned it cool, then hot, and once again cool. I read somewhere that it helped hangovers, and it truly did.

Nathan started pounding on the bathroom door. He was a late riser. "C'mon, man, I need to piss!" His voice was still drowsy and husky, and I couldn't help but chuckle as I stepped out of the shower and tied a towel around my waist.

I made my classic hangover breakfast of a banana honey sandwich and some ginger ale, another way to help the pounding headache. I also grabbed some medicine, using the ginger ale to drown it down.

Because Addy has yet to even get out in bed yet, I decided to do her a favor and make her the same breakfast.

My phone chimed, and I turned my attention to it. I had a few messages.

Steve:
How's the hangover?😝😘

Besties!
Echo:
Fuck me

Besties!
Grace:
Prom tonight, bitches!

Besties!
Echo:
Hope the night out was worth it, twins

I chuckled, taking a bite of my breakfast.

Addy trudged in, hair messy and brain still clearly asleep. "Wow, girl," I said, punching my nose, "You reek!"

Addy shook her head, pushing me to the side. "Shut up. I'll shower after breakfast."

She spotted the plate I made her and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem," I dismissed.

Addy took a bite, and while still chewing, remarked, "So I guess it runs in the family, huh?"

I looked at her, my face full of confusion and disgust. "What do you mean?" I asked.

Addy swallowed before explaining. "Well, Uncle Jax and Grandpa Colton, Dad and Keiynan, you and Mr. Grand. It's a... it's like there's something in your DNA that compels you to an LGBT male teacher."

I cocked my head to the side, considering what she said. "I guess."

We ate in silence after that, still trying to recover the hangovers. Once I finished, I plopped on the couch and pulled out my phone.