31-"No mistakes."

A/N: So, it's 1:27 A.M. and I just finished writing this chapter.

I think I need help.

Ajax-

My mind slowly turned back on, a small breeze tickling my chest.

I suddenly bolted up.

I looked down, but it took a while to realize where I was and what happened. But, seeing Steve still peacefully asleep—and both of us with pants on—I was quickly reassured that nothing in that area happened.

I started waking up more, recalling what happened. I frowned when I remembered the therapy Steve had told me about. I didn't understand how anybody could do that! Everybody should be equal. It wasn't bad to be who you were. And, it's not like either of us chose to be gay.

I started to get comfortable again, laying back down with my head on Steve's abs. My eyes started to gently flutter shut.

I love you.

My eyes snapped back open as I remembered what I said.

Maybe... maybe Steve wouldn't remember? Maybe I could just say I was really tired?

I sighed, looking up at Steve's peaceful expression. I pushed some of his hair back in place, and a strange realization hit me.

I did love him.

The corner of my lip twitched upwards, and I planted a kiss on his forehead. As I did that, he squirmed a little. He groaned, covering his eyes with his hands. "What time is it?" He asked in a raspy—and sexy—voice.

I chuckled, grabbing my phone which had been in my pocket. "Um... it's 8:39," I answered.

Steve groaned again, and finally opened his eyes. "What day is it? I feel like I've been sleeping forever."

I rolled my eyes, a smile creeping up on my lips. I grabbed both our shirts, and threw his towards him. "C'mon, we've got stuff to do," I told him.

Steve flopped his hands around like a child. "What? Why?" He whined.

I laughed again, punching his arm before pulling on my shirt. I fiddled with my new gain chain for a second before answering. "Because, there's no food in this place, and I'm starving."

I started to get up, but Steve grabbed my arm. "Ajax, wait..."

I turned around. "Yeah, Steve?"

"Well, last night..." he hesitated, clearly unsure. But, he shook his head, releasing my arm. "Never mind, it's nothing."

"Steve?" I said. "C'mon, what about last night?"

He sighed, eyes closing in uncertainty. "Well, did you... you said you loved me."

I mentally cursed myself. I had scared him, and he was going to ask me to leave, and my heart would be broken again, and—

"Did you mean it?" He asked, pulling me from my destructive thoughts.

I refused to meet his eye. I refused to say anything.

Steve lifted his hand to my cheek, tilting my head ever so slightly so his brown eyes bore into me. "Because..." he sighed again. "Because I love you, too."

I lifted my head more, confusion in my eyes. "What?"

"I love you."

"Steve, you-you don't have to say this. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pressured you, or-or..."

"Hey. You didn't do anything. I love you, and I'm not just saying it because you did."

I gave his an unsure smile, and he rolled his eyes. He sat up, bringing me in to a soft and sweet kiss. He pulled away, and started rubbing he charm on his necklace. "No mistakes. No mistakes with you."

I smiled. "I love you, too."

He grinned widely, and I playfully slapped his shoulder. "Now, c'mon, we've got to go shopping!" I reminded him, hopping up.

He chuckled, reluctantly pulling on his shirt.

~

"Goldfish?!" Steve exclaimed, his voice shaking from laughter. "You want me to buy Goldfish?"

I shoved him slightly. "Hey, Goldfish are delicious. It's not my fault Kambly is a genius."

"Who?" He questioned, still recovering from his laughing fit.

My mouth fell open, though I wasn't surprised. "Oscar Kambly? The inventor of Goldfish?"

Steve pulled out his phone, immediately typing. He shoved it in my face triumphantly. "Oscar Kambly didn't invent Goldfish! Margaret Rudkin did!"

I rolled my eyes. "Rudkin brought Goldfish to the US, but Kambly invented them."

Steve rolled his eyes, slipping his phone back in his pocket. "Fine. We'll get Goldfish."

I squealed in victory, grabbing a bag of cheddar Goldfish and shoving them in the cart.

"Pizza flavored?" Steve gasped, eyes practically shooting out of his head as he stared at the rack.

I chuckled. "What about them?"

He grabbed the bag with childlike wonder, and eventually dropped them in the car beside the cheddar flavor. I rolled my eyes. "Now how's childish?" I told him with a slight chuckle.

He ruffled my hair, pushing the cart along. "Shut up."

~

We spend a while unpacking our groceries—putting some food in the fridge, some in pantries. We continued to make jokes and talk as we did it.

Steve tried to get me to unpack my suitcase, but I insisted that there was no point. I'd only be there for a week. I could just continue to pick through the bag.

Steve gave me a more precise tour of the place, and we just lost track of time.

For dinner, I made my special grilled cheese. Steve laughed at the choice, but he admitted it was good.

"Good?" I pressed. "Only Good?"

Steve shook his head, laughing. "You're so childish, Ajax."

I put down my plate, and he did the same. "Oh yeah?" I said, as if accepting a challenge. I jumped on him, sending both of us into a fit of laughter.

Once we both recovered, my lips found his. It didn't take long for Steve to pull away, chuckling slightly. "You taste like grilled cheese," he mumbled against my lips.

I rolled my eyes, pulling him back in. "So do you," I reminded him.

We kissed for a while before finally finishing our dinner. We watched some Impractical Jokers, some Supernatural, and even ended up watching Moana.

Before long, we both started to feel tired. I snuggled against Steve's chest, and he picked me up, making me squeal. He laughed, but carried me upstairs. He gently laid me in a bed, and then hopped in beside me.

I resumed my previous position, body curled up beside his. "I love you, Steve," I sighed.

He gave a kiss on the forehead, then moved to my lips. "I love you, too, Ajax."

I fell asleep in more peace and happiness than I had ever felt before.