37-"You have to tell her."

Ajax-

Finally, I was reunited with Steve.

To be fair, it was at school, but it was a reunion nonetheless.

We both got there early because we were on prom committee. My friends were, too.

Addy still refused to talk to me, and she tried to avoid Grace if possible. As I drove us to school, everybody noticed something was going on.

Steve's hair looked longer, and hung in front of his face slightly. It was clear he hadn't shaven, either, because his beard was longer and bigger, too.

As we worked on prom, i kept exchanging glances with Steve, and Addy. Addy gave me scowls, but Steve gave me smiles. Needless to say, I appreciated looks from Steve much more.

Once on a break, Steve and I both snuck back into his office. He carefully shut—and locked—the door before turning back to me.

Before he could say anything, I grabbed the sides of his head and smashed his lips into mine. His beard tickled my cheeks and hands, but I didn't complain.

As Steve gasped in surprise, I took the opportunity to slide my tongue in his mouth. He started kissing back harshly, walking so far that my back was pinned. He wrapped his arms around me, one hand resting just above my butt, one hand resting directly on it.

Steve started to pull away, but I got on my toes to try to maintain contact for as long as possible.

Once we were finally separated, I let out a groan, and he let out a chuckle. "Calm down there, tiger. We do have to breath," he reminded me.

I pouted. "Breathing's boring," I hugged. I brought one hand around his back and started stroking his smooth brown hair. "But you, on the other hand..."

Steve shook his head, leaning in so close that I could feel his warm breath against my ear. "You're a naughty little boy, aren't you, tiger?" He whispered in a low, seductive voice, sending shivers through my spine.

I bit my lip. "Depends," I whispered back, tugging on his shirt sleeve. "Do you want me to be?"

I heard a low growl, and felt Steve's wet teeth nibbling on my ear lobe. "I wouldn't be opposed," he told me, making me turn beet red.

"God I missed you," I sighed.

Steve lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him, my back still against the wall. "I missed you, too, baby."

Our lips were once again connecting.

Attention all prom committee members, please be back in two minutes. I repeat, two minutes to come back to the office. Thank you.

Steve groaned, dropping me back to the ground. "We should get headed back," he said.

I throw my head back. "Ugh!"

Steve smirked, grabbing my arm. "C'mon, tiger. You're the one that signed up in the first place."

"You did too!" I replied.

Steve shook his head. "Oh, no way I'd volunteer to do this! I was forced."

I sighed as Steve unlocked the door, leading us both out. "I love you."

Steve ruffled my hair. "I love you, too, kid."

~

"Why is Addy avoiding me?" Grave asked, her voice layered slightly with static over the phone.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "You'll have to ask her, Gracie."

"Oh, okay." I could hear the sadness in her voice, and it felt like a punch to the gut. How could I really do this? Lie to my friend?

But, how could I break her heart?

"So... anything else you called about?" I asked, desperate to change the subject.

I could hear a muffled sound of moving fabric, and I assumed Grace was shrugging. "Not really."

The call stayed silent for a while.

"Oh, how was the reunion with Mr. Grand?" She finally asked.

I chuckled. "Oh, you could say that."

Grave wolf whistled, and I rolled my eyes. "You get some, Jaxie!"

"Shut up."

"Oh, he'd shut you up."

"Great call, Grace," I said before hanging up, still hearing her laughing on the other end.

I sat back on my bed, mind racing. But, my main thought was how mad I was at Addy.

Eventually, I couldn't take it.

Prom was in two weeks, and Grace might go crazy if she didn't know how Addy felt.

So, I stormed into my sister's room. "Addison," I said sternly, but was caught off by Addy releasing a scream. "You have to tell her," I finished.

Addy was breathing heavily, calming herself down. "What?" She asked.

I sighed. "You have to tell Grace how you feel."

"What?" Addy scoffed. "Why?"

"Because you're hurting our friend."

"How am I hurting her?"

"By lying to her. By getting her hopes up."

"I'm not the lying one, Ajax."

"Yeah, well you sure as hell aren't the one telling the truth," I shot back.

Addy didn't respond.

"What? Did you finally realize that I was right?" I said.

Addy shook her head. "You're an ass, you know that?"

I scoffed. "Hardly new information."

Addy paused, then said something quietly under her breath that I couldn't make out.

"What?" I asked.

"I... I can't break my friend's heart," she repeated in a barely audible voice.

"And I'm supposed to?" I said in a slightly raised voice.

After seeing that Addy wasn't going argue, I sighed and took a seat beside her on her bed. "I'm sorry," I apologized.

Addy snuffed. "It's okay," she assured in a shaky voice. "I'm just... I'm afraid to hurt her. To break her heart."

I wrapped an arm around my sister's shoulder. "It's okay," I told her. "You don't have to do anything."

Addy nodded. "Thank you."

A/N:

Please check out my new book, Brace Yourself! It's kinda different, but I want your opinions.