11-"You'll regret it."

Ajax-

Suddenly, my wrist was free.

Steve was pushing Toby off of me. "Stay away from him!" Steve demanded.

Rod ran away out of fear. Steve was a buff guy, probably very strong.

I found myself become happy. Just knowing that Steve was here made me happy. Seeing his face, even if it was scrunched up in anger, made me feel calm. His voice made my body loosen.

He turned to me, and relief washed over his face. "Ajax, are you okay?" He asked.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. "Yeah. I think so." I looked deep into his brown eyes. "Thanks."

He wrapped his arms around me, and I was both nervous and relaxed at the same time. "I'm just glad you're okay," he sighed out. Once he let me go, he shook his head. "But, you shouldn't be here," he pointed out."

I shrugged. "It's no big deal."

"But it is. You're too young."

Again, my shoulders bobbed up and down in a shrugging motion. "Nothing bad happened, though," I point out as I start to walk away.

Steve cautiously wraps his hand around my wrist. I didn't feel threatened by it. Just the slightly tingly sensation of his skin against mine. "Ajax, I really think you should leave. Something bad could have happened."

I turn back to him. "But nothing bad did happen, did it?" Steve rolled his eyes. I checked my watch. 2:31 am blinked on the small screen, and I released a groan. "Plus I promised my friends another 30 minutes."

Steve put his hands on his hips. "So your friends are here, too?" He asked.

I nervously giggled. "Never mind," I insisted.

Steve rolled his eyes. "I can't have my favorite model have a hangover," he told me. I blushed, and I hoped the dim lighting didn't make it obvious.

"I'll be fine," I tried again.

"I'll keep an eye on ya," he told me.

I tried to deny his help, but he insisted. And secretly, I didn't mind spending time with him. I found myself falling for him faster than I expected.

We drank a few more drinks, and we were both completely wasted, even though it went against my tip for Echo. I had lost sight of my friends at this point, though I could be sure Addy and Duke were off somewhere.

Steve and I were talking about this or that. Maybe the photo shoots; my thoughts on the future; his fiancée, who I found out was named Zoey; or school work. But, we were talking, and enjoying each other's company.

We were laughing over a joke I made, though it probably wasn't that funny. Steve was laughing hard, his laugh deep. His laugh caused his eyes to squeeze shut, and his nose scrunch up. His hand traveled to his stomach, and he was doubled over from the joy. I found myself smiling at the fact that I had made him do that. I made him laugh.

Steve patted my knee. "That's hilarious, Ajax," he said, catching his breath. And I swear, he was leaning in. His lips were centimeters from mine, and his breath tingled my chapped lips. He stuck his tongue out to moisten his lips, and I thought he was going to kiss me. My breath got hitched in my throat, but I closed my eyes, waiting for him to close the gap.

But, suddenly he was further away. He was coughing, trying to bring himself and me back to reality. "Well, thanks for the fun time, Ajax," he said, refusing to look at me. He stood up, and I tried to catch his eye. "Make sure to be at my house, 5 o'clock sharp."

I nodded slowly, trying to regain my thoughts. Did he almost kiss me?

"Well, bye," I mumbled, but Steve was already rushing out.

~~~

Steve-

I don't know why I did any of it.

I didn't know it was Ajax that he was holding onto. I had known the guy, Rod. He had a small reputation at that club for raping small boys, so I thought I'd try to help his latest victim.

But, I didn't stop myself from getting a few drinks with Ajax. I didn't have to. But, I found myself repeatedly drawn to him.

I had told Zoey I'd be out that night. I was supposed to meet up with my friend, Eli. But, he backed out at the last minute.

I almost kissed Ajax.

I almost kissed my student.

These thoughts replayed in my mind.

It wasn't just the drinks, as much as I wanted to say it was. I wanted to kiss him, even when sober if I'm being honest.

"Steve!" Zoey groaned. I had a horrible hangover, but she insisted we did more wedding planning before Ajax came over for the photo shoot.

I shook my head. "Sorry, sorry," I apologized.

"Ya know, Steve," she said in a sassy tone, one hand on her hip and the other dangling at her side, "I'm starting to think you don't wanna get married."

I shook my head. But, on the inside, I knew she was right. So, I stopped my head with a sigh. "You know what, Zoey?" I said, standing up. "I don't want to marry you." This wasn't for Ajax, this was for me. I just didn't love her.

Zoey tried to calm me down. "Hey, I didn't mean that! It's normal for couples to get stressed out while planning weddings!" She reasoned.

I shook my head, stroking the dark brown stubble on my chin. "No, Zo, no. I'm done," I firmly stated. "I want you out by Monday." I didn't look at her.

She was beside herself. "You will regret this," she said after some silence. She stuck her finger out at me, to emphasize her point. "You'll regret it."

I shrugged. "Maybe I will, Zoey. Maybe I will."

Zoey ran upstairs, stomping her foot on each step. I stayed down, but soon heard thumps on the sidewalk outside, right below the bedroom window.

I ran outside. Sure enough, Zoey was throwing my stuff outside my window. "You dick!" She hissed.

"This is my house, Zoey!" I protested. One of my shirts hit my head, and I waved it away. "You can't do this!"

The neighbors were now looking at the spectacle, holding their judgments to themselves.

Zoey started to pick up my guitar case, and I decided to run back inside the house. I played guitar, and I wouldn't be able to stand it if the instrument broke.

I barely got upstairs on time.

I yanked her arm back right as it was about to release the case. "Zoey, you're overreacting," I said.

She stomped, but soon was bawling. "I love you, Stevie! We were meant to be together!"

I shrugged. "I'm sorry, but it's still a no," I told her.

She continued to cry at my feet. "Give me one more shot!" She pleaded. "Just one more!"

I shook my head. I needed some time to sort out my feelings about her, and about Ajax. I needed to figure out how I was truly feeling about men and women.

Two questions haunted my mind, and I wasn't sure which was stranger.

I'm gay.

I'm in love with my student.