13-"I promise."

A/N:

Just pointing this out, but chapter 13 of My Gay Teacher was also titled 'I promise'. That was a total accident, but it's cool.

Ajax-

I showed up at Mr. Grand's at 5, doing the routine of dropping Addy off at Echo's, and then driving down there.

He was right—there was a ton of snow falling.

When I finally arrived at his house, I rung his doorbell, shivering. He ushered me inside, and had me change into the new sponsored wear. It was a black winter cap, a big grey winter jacket, and black ski pants.

We walked silently to Pier 5, all dressed up in warm clothes to block us from the snow.

He had me do various poses in front of the water, and I knew they'd turn out great. Though, when we were walking back, we encountered two problems.

The first was that the snow had picked up tremendously. We ran back to Mr. Grand's house as fast as possible, but the small snow storm had turned into a blizzard.

I was dressing back into my normal clothes, and Mr. Grand had turned on the news, when we encountered the second problem. "So," he said, checking the weather reports, "if they do decide to use your photos, your agent's gonna have to sign some contracts and whatnot."

My eyes widened. "I don't have an agent," I told him as I stepped out in my normal clothes.

He breathed in through his teeth, cresting a hissing noise. "That might be a problem. You're still a minor."

I was disappointed. "Well, does that mean that this shoot was for nothing?" I asked.

"Well, you could always ask your parents to sign the contract."

"But..." I hesitated, "... my parents don't know I've been doing this."

Mr. Grand was shocked. "It's early October! You've been doing this for, what, 6, 7 weeks? How could they have not known?"

I didn't dare look at him. "I never told them?" I said. My voice raised in the end that my statement sounded like a question.

Mr. Grand threw his hands up in defeat. "Well, I was planning on entering some of your photos into a gallery show that Eli's running."

"Really?" I asked with excitement.

Mr. Grand nodded. "Yeah. I was. I can't anymore."

"I'll tell my parents," I promised. "I swear. Do you mind showing me which photo?"

He shrugged, and led me into another room. I saw all of the photos of me that we had previously taken. He picked up one of the photos, and I recognized it as one from our first session.

The photo was beautiful—black and white, with me looking up into a stream of light as I sat in darkness, making me look almost like an angel. "This is great," I told him.

He blushed slightly. "If you talk to your parents, Eli'd love to have it in his gallery. He says I could get a lot for it."

I smiled. "I will. I promise."

We walked back out. "I guess I should get going, now."

He shook his head. "Oh, no. You can't, it'll be too hard. It's really coming down out there. Stuyvesant already called off tomorrow."

"What am I going to do, then?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "Do you have any friends in the area, or anybody you know?"

I shook my head. "No, only you. None of my friends live this close to school."

Mr. Grand started thinking. After some silence, he finally said, "You could stay with me, I guess."

"Sure," I accepted, a little to eagerly.

He groaned, putting his hand on his face. "But, what'll you tell your parents? This is hardly the right time to tell them."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, Just... just give me a sec," I told him.

I took my phone out of my pocket, picking the contact that said Womb Mate. "Hey, Addy!" I said to the other line.

I could hear Echo and Grace giggling in the background. "Ajax, are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded my head, but remembered that she couldn't see me. "Yeah," I assured her. "The roads are horrible, though. I won't be able to get back."

"Well, I talked to Dad. He said we could stay at Echo's, so that's good. But I'm not sure what to do if Mom or Dad calls Mrs. Hill."

I stroked my imaginary beard as I thought. I shook my head. "We can't do anything but hope, Addy."

She sighed. "I guess."

"I'll see ya tomorrow."

"Have fun with Mr. Grand! This is your chance to win the bet!"

I chuckled. "I'll see ya, Addy."

"Bye, Ajax."

"Bye."

I hung up, and went looked at Mr. Grand with a sigh. My heart fluttered as I realized that he had been watching me the whole time I was on the phone. "It's covered," I assured him.

He smiled. "Great."

We stood there in silence for a little, just staring at each other. I looked deep into his nut-brown eyes, and he looked into my sky-blue ones. A smile stayed on my lips.

"So," Mr. Grand broke the slings, licking his lips. "Do you need something to eat, or..."

I chuckled slightly, hoping to steady my nerves. "Yeah, I could
use some food."

He smiled. "I'll make us something," he told me before prancing into the kitchen.

As he said this, nerves filled me. It was as if we were on a real date, with him cooking me a meal. And then, with me staying the night...

I pushed the thought out of my head. He didn't even want me here, and I hadn't even started calling him my his first name again! There was no way he'd sleep in the same bed—or room, for that matter—as me.

With a sigh, I slumped down into the couch, watching the snowy and cold weather be explained by a man and a green screen.