Yoongi

Wincing lightly as I bow to the man I'll be training under for the next couple months, Kim Seokjin, we head out to meet the boys we'll be counseling. I'm honestly surprised father Kim is taking on a counseling session while dealing with me as well.
     I hang back and wait until most of the other counselors have their charges before walking out to meet my own. I'm not sure which one it is until father Kim points out a short guy with stunning eyes and dark brown hair.
      He stands alone looking nervous as all the other kids his age leave. Forcing a smile, I saunter over and hold out my hand. "Hello. I'm Min Yoongi. You must be Park Jimin, right?" I shake his trembling hand.
His wide eyes study me. "Yeah. J-just Jimin. I'll be staying with you?" He asks.
      I raise a brow. Is that a problem or something? "Yes. I'll be your guide and roommate to salvage." I joke. Sarcasm marring my tone. He smiles widely and I grab his bag, motioning for him to follow me.
He doesn't hesitate as we trek around all the now occupied cabins to the one empty for us. It's closer to the church so I can spend more time with father Kim but farther away from all the other cabins.
I unlock the door and set his bag on one of the beds. He's quiet as he observes the small living arrangements. It doesn't bother me but I'm sure he's used to much better accommodations. Two twin size beds occupy the space in each corner of the room with a large desk in the middle and two small dressers on the other side. A door in the corner goes to a tiny bathroom we'll be sharing for our stay.
He sits on the bed and watches me as I begin filling the drawers with my belongings. I feel uncomfortable as his gaze continues to burn into me. "Do you need help with yours?" I ask, tired of being his sole focus.
      He clears his throat. "Sorry. No, I got it." He finally gets up and begins putting his own things away. "So..." He begins.
      I hold back the sigh threatening to come out and smile his way. "Yes?"
      He tugs his bottom lip between his teeth, eyeing me with curiosity. "You're Hoseok's brother, right?"
      I wasn't expecting that question. "Yes." Curtly. "You know him?" Considering the fact he's here, I'm sure Hoseok has gotten him into trouble or vice versa.
      "Yes...we're good friends." He smiles widely.
       "That's great." Not really. I dread all the trouble I feel these two are going to dig up. "Unfortunately, his counselor is father Kim so he'll be kept very busy most of the days here." I explain.
      He furrows his brow. "And you?"
      I frown, not understanding. "Me?"
     He steps closer. "And will you be keeping me very busy as well? I know you're training to be a priest, yes? Hoseok mentioned it. Will you have time to focus on me as my counselor?"
      Something about his questions seem pointed to something but I'm not sure what. The look on his smug face also makes me uncomfortable.
      I clear my throat. "Um, I'll help you any way I can but you really don't seem the type to need extensive rehabilitation."
He chuckles darkly, eyes alight with some unknown motive. "If you say so, Min. I'm glad you're my counselor, though." He leans forward, shocking me, and hugs me tightly.
I've never been hugged by another human since I was a child so the feeling is startling. "I'm not a miracle worker." I cough, trying to lighten the mood. He pulls away with a little smirk and the urge to blush has me more than a little confused.
I turn away and grab my towel, wanting to escape from my weird roommate. "I'm going to shower." I practically run from him.

When I return, I'm only in my towel since in my rush I forgot to grab my clothes. I peak over to see Jimin asleep. Sending silent prayers, I quickly pull on some sleep pants and climb under the blankets.
As soon as I close my eyes, Jimin speaks up. "What happened to your back?" His voice is low and nonjudgmental. Just asking.
My entire body tenses up. "Nothing to concern you." I mutter a little rudely. I don't want anyone to know what I go through at home. Or anywhere else.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry." He sighs, rolling over to look at me.
I remain on my back, staring up at the ceiling. "I hope you don't think me too weird or intrusive but I think those scars make you look even more beautiful."
I laugh. I can't help it. It was completely unexpected of all the things he could have said. "Thanks. I guess."
"You're welcome. You know...I really hope we can become good friends." He smiles hopefully.
I find myself returning the gesture. "I don't really have time for friends like Hoseok. I'm going to be busy learning all I can. I don't know many priests with a lot of friends." I mutter quietly.
He stays quiet a long moment. "Well...you can be the first. I want to be your friend no matter what you do." He whispers.
      Warmth radiates through my chest at his words but the truth is I don't want any sympathy from him or anyone. My father would kill me if I made friends with the 'troubled youth' as he calls them. Hypocritical if you ask me but I'd never speak out against him on it. I've learned my lesson from the past.