.

Great. I think I became noticeably nervous. I was shaking a bit and I just hoped that my tanned skin would help hide my blushing cheeks. I was most definitely blushing. Everyone looked at me.

I shifted my feet. "I'm Flora. Flora Vargas." I said it quickly and rushed. I didn't even look fully towards the students. My eyes either awkwardly focused on one spot of the room or kind of zoned out. I must've looked pretty weird.

Everyone smiled at me a bit. Each seat was already taken except two. One was with a table of all girly girls and the other seat was at table including two tomboys, one guy with short dyed black hair and Jake.

"You may pick where to sit, Flora," Ms. Moran said sweetly. I glanced towards each table briefly. The girly girl table consisted of three girls wearing pastel clothing and heavy make-up. They smiled in a superficial kind of way, but I decided I'd accept it as enough and I made my way over there. Jake was eyeing me kind of weirdly in a joking way. His eyebrows went up and down his forehead as if flirting. Although he was teasing me and acting friendly, I decided that it'd be best to stay where I'd be least distracted. I set down my binders and quietly sat down in the blue chair.

The class watched me the whole time, making me quite uncomfortable. Nevertheless, the girls all smiled even more and greeted themselves one by one. The whole class had started chatting while Ms. Moran took attendance.

"I'm Clara and this is Jessie and Taylor," the blonde said in her perky voice. Clara and Jessie look extremely similar. I wondered if they were twins. Jessie stood out more and seemed more of the quiet type. I smiled at each of them and listened to Clara babble on about how Geometry was 'sooo' hard and how she wished me luck. She was very friendly and it eased my nervousness to know that I would have someone to talk to occasionally when in this class. That is, if she stayed this outgoing and sweet.

"Would anyone like to take the attendance to the office?" Ms. Moran called from her desk in the corner of the room. Hands shot up everywhere, including mine. I wanted to look around a bit and see where my next classes would be in the school.

Ms. Moran called on me, causing a bunch of other people to sigh. I giddily went up to take the folder and left the room. I was thinking maybe Ms. Moran knew what I was thinking about looking around a bit. I already was fast in math so I didn't need to worry too much in coming back early for the lesson. I still needed to arrive back punctually, though. I couldn't make a bad impression to such a nice teacher on the first day. No, not the first day. My first day.

The hallways were completely clear. I kind of liked the feeling. The only noise was the silenced chatter from each classroom and the sound of my shoes hitting the tile floor. Each class looked the same on the outside. Same oak doors. Every part of the school looked similar. There was no difference between the hallway on the top floor versus the hallways on the bottom floor except maybe the length.

I made my way downstairs. Walking down the main hall, I could easily see the door to the office. Extremely close to the main doors.

I was about the knock when I suddenly saw a person knocking on the entrance to the building. A guy who looked about a year older than me was waving his hands frantically, desperate to get my attention. Curiosity won me over as I hurriedly walked towards him.