..

than a vacation house. And yeah, it's done. We can fit two more families in there." Elena said, close to boastfully.

"Where's your vacation house?" I asked before thinking. Elena smiled at me. "Barcelona."

I vaguely remembered being told about a vacation in Barcelona with Elena and her family. Must've been Janet that told me. "Oh. That sounds cool." Elena sighed happily. "I know."

"Are you done with copying?" Janet said, referring to my packet. "Yeah, and I actually changed a few of the words so it's not technically copying, you know," I said smiling. Janet shook her head. "Whatever makes you feel better, Flora."

The bell rang and we all got up. "You're sitting with us today, right Flora?" Janet asked me. "Yep," Elena answered before I could. I laughed softly as we walked to lunch in the crowded hallways.

When the three of us entered the cafeteria, I immediately looked at the table Wes usually sits at with everyone else. It was dead empty. Though I was surprised, I assumed that everyone would just come later.

I sat beside everyone else. Next to me was Dylan and Elena. Janet, Jared, and Monica were all already here. "Flora," I turned to the sound of Dylan's voice. "Yeah?"

"You look really pretty today." He sighed. "Elena did you tell him to say that?" Elena's brown eyes took on a look of worry. "Maybe."

Dylan shrugged. "It doesn't matter. I think you're beautiful either way." That time, I knew he meant it. Despite me being slightly flattered, It still felt wrong if I didn't say the next line.