....

I sat down next to him, feeling the stares of other students on the back of my head. Everyone greeted me kindly when I sat down. It was a simple thing, but it made this table feel that much more welcoming. "What took you so long?" Dylan asked, quirking one dark eyebrow.

"I just had to straighten some things out with Wesley." I replied quietly. Dylan nodded slowly. "I get it," he said, looking directly at me. He always made perfect eye contact with me. "He's looking right at us, too," Dylan said as if bored. Despite his tone, I rapidly turned my head to look behind me.

Wes wore an almost furious look. What stood out to be most intimidating was his narrowed eyes and clenched jaw. And the look was purely directed towards Dylan, who seemed all too nonchalant about the situation. I quickly turned around, facing the table. Dylan moved an inch closer to me.

"Remember what I said about English and French? Sit next to me," he said, smiling confidently. "Oh, um sure." I couldn't take my mind off of Wes. I knew he was staring at us across the cafeteria. I knew he was anticipating what Dylan and I were gonna do next. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't calm myself down. I was so tempted to turn around and stare right back at Wes.

"Can you tell me more about Wesley?" I asked after a short moment of silence. Dylan's cocky expression faltered slightly. "Well, other than the fact that he put that scar on my face, I don't know too much about him. I've overheard him talking to Hunter and Parker before. Something about his brother. He goes to military school or something."

I frowned deeply as I remembered how Wes had apparently hurted Dylan purposefully. I needed to see how bad Wes had hurt him. I didn't get a good look at the mark when Dylan had