....

Yay Javier shows up in this part-

________________________________________________________________________________

My breath caught in my throat when I saw everyone was there. Riley was huddled in a corner with Hunter not too far from her. As we got closer, I could make out Parker's back and two dark-haired guys near him.

    When Lauren, Wes, and I finally arrived, it was like everyone's eyes fell on us. Wes held onto me tighter. "About time you came," Hunter spoke from the side, his voice flat. "Glad you brought your girlfriend. Hey, Flora," he spoke, smiling ruggedly.

    I didn't say anything. Tension filled the air, and I suddenly wished I hadn't agreed to come.

    Wes thumbed my hand gently, the gesture comforting me just slightly. When I looked up, I noticed the two boys had more in common than I'd initially thought. Both were around the same height and had an almost identical body type. Tall and lean, dark hair and dark eyes, with tanned skin. I wondered if they were related.

    "Oh great. Pretty boy's here too." I nearly chilled at the sound of the strong voice resounding behind Parker.

    Parker stepped aside just enough for me to get a look at who had just spoken. "And he's brought a girl with him, too. Never seen that before. I almost thought you were gay for a while there, Wesley," he said, his voice conveying a both friendly and edgy tone.

    Wes went in front of me a little, almost as if to shield me from him. "Good to see you too, Javier."

    Javier grinned. He was tall, almost taller than Wes. His dark brown hair was messy and unkempt, but it somehow worked for him. His skin was naturally tan, and he had a faint danger to his aura.

    What mostly stood out to me though, was his eyes. At first glance, they appeared nothing more than a dark brown. But at a second look, they appeared more intriguing. Maybe it was the angle, but as the sunlight hit his irises, his eyes gleamed golden. And when he moved just an inch, his eyes went back to that dark brown, somehow carrying a slight bit of mystery to them.

    Javier made eye-contact with me for a split-second. He then quickly looked to Parker and Aaron as if looking directly at me for any longer would've blinded him. I felt a jolt of some kind of emotion rush over me, though I could not describe what. All I knew was my palms were beginning to sweat and my breathing was becoming a slight bit shorter.

    "Are we done here?" Javier condescendingly spoke to Aaron and Parker. Aaron's shoulder's sagged. "I think so," he muttered. Parker stood up straighter when Aaron glanced up briefly, a new emotion casting over him. "You take care of her, okay?" He said, catching Parker off guard.

    "I will," Parker said right back. A look of sadness and reassurance formed a small smile on Aaron's face. "That's all I needed to hear," Aaron softly said.

    "I guess we're done now," Javier spoke up. "Leo, could you go back with Aaron? I haven't talked to Wesley in a while. In fact, the rest of you could leave now, too. It's a little private." Javier's voice caused an uneasiness to settle in me. I felt uncomfortable, intrigued, and intimidated all at once.

    Hunter was the first to walk back, then Lauren followed closely after. As they maneuvered their way through the trees, I noticed Riley had barely moved an inch. "I can go with you if you want, Flora," she said quietly, her voice practically telling me to go back. I almost moved when Javier's low voice interrupted.

    "Actually, I want her to stay. I'm curious to find out why Wesley's gotten hooked on this girl." Riley frowned at that and instead she gave a warning look to Wes, then followed after Parker who was heading back to school. Or so I assumed.

    "I think we're going back now," Wes spoke, his sharp voice having little effect on Javier's confident expression. "I'm not after your girlfriend, Wesley. Don't kid yourself, you know she's no-where near my type," Javier said nonchalantly.

    Wes tensed up beside me, a flicker of emotion sparking in his navy eyes. "Really? Because that look you're giving her tells me otherwise."

Javier gaped briefly at Wes's strong voice. I clutched Wes's wrist a little tighter. Only Wes had that effect on me, the way I so desperately wanted to be in his embrace just to feel safe again. But was what Wes said true?

I was probably overthinking it. Javier's jaw ticked before he changed the subject. "How's Matthias doing?" Ah, I remembered Wes mentioning Matthias, his older brother.

"He's fine.. Why?" Wes said steadily. Javier slowly smiled. "He went with me to meet up with Nicolette not too long ago. Do you remember Nicolette?" Javier's eyes glanced over to me shortly before he continued. "If I remember, you did meet her. Even though she's with Matthias, she had a crush on you ever since she saw you, right?"My heart constricted. What was Javier trying to achieve by saying all of this?

"I barely remember her. Matthias stopped seeing her, and if she ever liked me I never noticed. Not that it would matter," Wes said curtly before adding; "Do you have any real reason to talk to me?"