.

"I'll pay attention then," I said. Dylan smiled and scooted his chair closer. "You know, I think you're in my English class, too. I always sit in the back. Mrs. Connor lets us sit wherever we want unless something happens. We should sit next to each other," Dylan spoke, each word laced with flirtation. "There's an empty seat beside me."

"Okay," I said, slightly flattered. Dylan smirked and cocked an eyebrow. "You've been looking awfully long at my face, Flora. Any reason?" Confidence and arrogance dominated his expression. I flushed with embarrassment. "I could say the same about you!" I retorted.

Dylan chuckled. "You could." That simple statement had my heart racing just a little bit faster. Red-faced, I looked away from Dylan briefly, only to make full-on eye contact with Wes who was sitting in the back with Riley, Hunter, Parker, and Lauren. His look was searing and I could see the anger in his blue eyes as they bore in the back of Dylan's head.

Riley was talking with Lauren, and Hunter was talking to Parker. I wondered how long Wes had been looking.

"Anything wrong?" Dylan asked. He must've noticed my concerned expression, because Dylan quickly turned to look behind him.

Wes's eyes were icy and cold as he angrily looked at Dylan. Dylan on the other hand, coolly turned right back around to face me and rolled his eyes. For me, just looking at Wes again after what happened was execrable. And when his intense look shifted towards me, I immediately looked away. I couldn't bare to look at him, especially while he wore that expression. The overpowering and severe look only reminded me of what had happened earlier.

I've never had someone come that close to me in that way. How he had easily caged me in and towered over me. Maybe part of why that moment had brought such strong emotions was