....

Wes turned and smiled at me, ignoring Riley. "You're definitely next to me. You may have to take Riley's place though. She can sit with Hunter and Parker." Riley's mouth gaped open. "I always sit next to you! I've always sat between you and Lauren since last year!" She spoke, angrily. Mrs. Paceley came from behind her desk and shushed loudly at Riley. When the librarian turned and walked away, Riley flipped her off. "What's wrong with her sitting next to Parker and Hunter?" Riley said, quieter than before. Wesley's cheeks heated slightly. "Nothing. She's just new and I've talked to Flora for a while. She'll be more comfortable. Try to be nice for once, Riley," Wes said harshly. Before Riley could retort, the bell rang and we all got up. After we all picked up our binders, I attempted to make a hasty exit. I scanned the table Elena and I were once seated at. She wasn't there.

As I was walking away, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Wes's azure eyes looking down at me sadly. "I'm sorry about Riley, he said softly. "She's like that to everyone." I shrugged. "It's fine," I said, forcing a smile. Wes looked a few seconds longer. I stared back at him before we were interrupted by the boys. "Come on guys," Hunter called from ahead of us, winking. Parker smirked at Wes and I. "Yeah, Wesley. Leave some Flora for the rest of us," Parker said in a cocky, teasing voice while he continued walking with Hunter. I giggled lightly while Wes glared daggers at Parker's back the entire way to lunch.

I gripped my backpack a little tighter, nervous of all the noise and commotion in the cafeteria. I hated noisy, crowded areas. I followed Wes all the way to a square table in the middle of the cafeteria. I sat between Lauren and Wes, just like he had told me. The cafeteria had beige walls and grey tile. The tables were dark brown and had green stools that were connected to the table. It looked like how a regular high school lunch room should look like.