Chapter 6

Chapter 6

    I zoned out during Science, which is incredibly unlike me. The two girls that sit next to me luckily didn't notice my depressed state. And when Science ended, I left almost as quickly as I had left Geometry.

    Elena caught up to me as I dazedly walked to study hall. "Hey, Flora! Looking forward to Friday?" I had completely forgotten about that. Truth was, I wasn't really excited at all. Maybe I would be if it wasn't for the recent incident I just had with Wes. "Yeah," I said quietly, my voice dry of any excitement.

    "Flora, what's wrong?" I clenched my eyes shut for a brief moment, hoping it would help any new tears from coming. "Wesley." To my surprise, my one-worded statement had Elena nodding. "I knew this would happen," Elena said, sighing. "What do you mean?"

    "I knew Wes would do something. I wanted to warn you further about him, but I guess it's too late for that. Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head. "Maybe later," I mumbled out. Elena was quiet for a few seconds, then a smile etched across her face. "I almost forgot! We have to go to the library, Flora. I have a surprise for you. It'll help take your mind off of Wesley." I raised one brow. "Okay," I said slowly, confused.

    After I signed out of Ms. Crenshaw's study hall, Elena practically yanked my arm the whole way to the library. "Elena, what if Wes is there?" I asked, worried. Elena shrugged. "It doesn't matter."

    The first thing I noticed when we walked into the library was that there was a table full of boys and girls. Each of them turned to greet Elena. I recognized Janet and a couple of the other students from my other classes. One person that stood out most was Dylan from before. His eyes were solely focused on me, and he was smiling in a blatantly charming way.

    Elena quickly sat down at a seat next to a girl with dark skin and dark eyes, who greeted Elena with utmost friendliness. That left me having to sit in the only seat left, which was next to Dylan.

    The rest of the table was chatting away, not paying much attention to me at all. Even Elena was distracted.

    "You know, I think you're in my French class." I turned quickly to my right. Dylan's voice was slightly different from any other boys I've talked to. It was drastically different from Wesley's. Wes sounded rougher and spoke huskily. Dylan's voice was smooth, almost classier, and baratonic. "Maybe. Where do you sit?" I asked, looking directly at the flecks of auburn in Dylan's amber-brown eyes. It seemed as if he was getting more attractive the more I was noticing the small details about him. "I sit way in the back," Dylan said, keeping eye contact the whole time.