..

I reveled in his protective embrace, his sweet kiss, and his tall frame pressed up against mine. I'd never felt safer in my life. He closed his eyes briefly.

"Mine," he growled lowly.  "Wes," I breathed out. He then smirked slowly, his eyes darkened and face heated.

    A cough ripped me out of my daze. Wes held onto me, his glare fading when he realized it was just Lauren. A soft blush dusted across her fair cheeks. "Um, hi Flora," she said softly before turning slightly nervous eyes on Wes. "What is it?" Wes said urgently, frustration tinging his voice.

"Parker's in trouble," Lauren said worriedly. "I thought this would be over by now." Wes groaned, sounding both tired and even annoyed. Lauren clenched her fists. "He still hates him. He's looking for a fight." Lauren hastily said. I was beyond confused. "Which one is Parker pissed at?" Wes asked. Her next words caused him to pale. "Javier." Wes let go of me, the loss of his heat and protection having me wanting to be back in his arms.

"I'll make sure things don't get out of hand," Wes curtly said to Lauren. His eyes darted to me. "I don't want you to be alone but I don't want you to get into trouble," he said, unsure what to do.

"I'm coming with you." I said it, and I said it with purpose. I was curious on where Wes had gone in the first place. I also felt an unusual instinct in the pit of my stomach, like my gut was encouraging me to go on with Wes.

    He hesitated. "Stand next to me the whole time, okay?" He said, more so as a command than a question. I nodded slowly. I trusted him.