..

heart raced a million miles a second. It was the way he was staring at me that got me to be so excited. Intense and fierce. I'd never been stared at like that before.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, confused. Elena leaned back and let out a breath, as if she didn't know where to begin. "There's a lot of rumors about him. Bad rumors. Honestly, they may not be true. One rumor is that his dad is an alcoholic. Wesley would come to school and he wreaked of alcohol at the beginning of the year. My friend, a guy named Dylan asked him about it one day. Dylan wasn't even trying to be mean or tease Wesley. He just asked if someone in his family was drinking the night before. I think Dylan was genuinely concerned. Anyway, Wesley got extremely pissed off. He slammed Dylan into the locker and told him to mind his own business. No-one snitched, but it only made the rumor seem more true."

I pondered over what Elena had said. That was probably why those girls at science thought of Wesley as being so scary. "What other rumors are there about him?" I asked wearily. Elena was about to answer, when her mouth completely shut and her eyes widened and looked above me. I looked behind me to see Wes looking straight down. His eyes blazed with an emotion I couldn't comprehend. "Flora," he spoke huskily. "Come sit with me." It felt more like a demand than a question. I looked to Elena to make sure it was okay. Elena forced a smile and gestured for me to go. Not wanting to anger Wesley, I got up and picked up my binders.

I followed behind him. Everyone at the table turned to look at me. The blonde girl from earlier was watching me wearily. There was another girl who had ginger hair and chartreuse eyes. Two boys were seated close to each other, one with black hair and the other with brown hair. Wes lead me to a seat between him and the ginger-haired girl.