Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"You're excited this morning," I said to Elena while observing her enthusiastic expression. Elena's grin widened, if that was even possible. "I just found out. I'm going to Spain for Spring Break!" I shook my head, smiling. "Sounds like fun."

"Yeah," Elena sighed. "Spring Break is pretty close, too. Just a month away," she added. Elena got a little quiet for a few seconds, then all of a sudden she waved her hands in the air as if she had just remembered something. "Guess what else coming up soon?" She didn't give me any time to actually ask what. "Friday!" Elena said excitedly. I forced a grin. Not that I wasn't thrilled about going, it was more like it'd seem rude if I didn't seem as excited as Elena.

"By the way," Elena's voice changed into a teasingly suggestive tone. "Anything happen with Wesley lately?" I giggled then laughed even harder when Elena's eyebrows bounced up and down on her forehead. No way was I talking about much with Elena. I wasn't comfortable talking about him with anyone. For some reason, I wanted to keep my feelings about him hidden. I hope that whatever emotions I feel towards him will fade overtime. Though it seems that time has had the opposite effect.

"Not much," I commented, looking out the window. We already arrived at school. Elena shrugged it off, but I could tell by that small smirk on her face that she wasn't going to let this go.

As we walked off the bus, Janet immediately darted to stand by Elena. Some other girls I didn't recognize hung around Elena. There was one girl who was standing by me who I did know. Lauren. The girl with red hair and striking green eyes I sat with at lunch with Wes. Though Parker, Hunter, Riley, and Wes were nowhere in sight. A few of Elena's friends turned to look warily at Lauren. She glanced back at them coldly, catching me off guard a bit.