Chapter 21

Last scene + steamiest scene

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

The music blared loudly in my mind, the sound excited and setting my nerves on fire. Although I was self-conscious in my dress at first, I'd grown to love it.

Elena was dancing with me, staying beside me so as not to lose each other. I was beginning to get dizzy as I laughed out loudly, forgetting anything and everything.

Midway through I noticed Javier dancing with some girl, and my heart stopped. I knew it shouldn't matter, I knew I shouldn't care, but by god it broke my heart.

She looked so similar to me. Dark skin and curly black hair. She even had my hazel eyes. I tried to find something, anything to differentiate her from me so that she wasn't just a prettier version of me.

My eyes remained glued to them as they moved fluidly together, his smile bright and genuine as he leaning in closely to come closer. Her expression was one of cupidity as Javier pulled her to him.

"Flora! Flora, where are you going?" I didn't care. I ran through the crowd of sweaty people, going somewhere away from this party.

I finally found a small opening between two trees and went through there. It'd do. It was slightly downhill, and there was a still, small pond. It was quite hidden, I wondered if anyone else knew about it.

I sat down. I fought back the tears as I clenched my dress tightly in my hands. Seeing Javier with her simply broke my heart. He didn't belong to me, so why should I care? For all I knew, he hated me. I shouldn't care if he was with another girl. I shouldn't care about him at all. So why did I get so angry at the mere thought of him with another girl?

Maybe It was a misunderstanding. Maybe she approached him and he didn't have much time to react. Or maybe I was just getting my hopes up.

The faint noises from the party were oddly comforting, I felt as though I was away from everything. I focused on the pond how the light from the moon reflected off of it. Distinctive sounds from different animals resounded in my ears along with the background noise from the mansion, and everything was temporarily forgotten as I lost myself in the beautiful scene.

I didn't notice the tears welling up in my eyes until my vision noticeably blurred. Why did I care so much? For the life of me I couldn't comprehend it. But then, there was something about him that I couldn't place, something so enticing and raw. He'd have me believing he was a cruel person and then he would suddenly change, doubting everything I thought I knew about him in the short time I've known him.

I leaned against a nearby tree, ignoring the subtle uncomfortableness from the rough bark. Emotions stemming from frustration and hurt consumed me as I plainly looked at the glinting pond. I spent no effort in controlling the tears that ran merciless down my face. And I didn't try to convince myself to not feel the emotions I felt. I let everything build up, from the guilt of forgetting about Wesley to the frustration of my newfound love for my friend's brother. Everything spiraled in me until light tears turned into choked sobs.

The sound of someone's steps near me had me whipping my head back rapidly, regarding my tear-ridden face. As I looked up, I made direct eye-contact with Javier. His hard expression melted as he moved to sit beside me. I was frozen the whole time, even though my heart was pounding so hard, I was almost sure he could hear it.

He turned to face me, his dark eyes for once looking at me with an expression other than the usual coldness they held around me. His eyes held mine in a way that was almost intimate. I unconsciously backed up so I was pushing against the old tree behind me.

"I'm sorry," his deep voice shook with emotion. Even as his nervousness showed through the way he shivered, he still held eye contact. My heart had stopped completely, my mind lost as I tried to register what was happening.

He paused. "You know, I've never loved a girl like this before. I've had girlfriends, but I never loved them. Hot, smart, popular. It didn't matter. I couldn't love any girl. I could only use them, then break them and leave them. But then, you come here with my sister and you change everything. Do you know why I was so mean to you when I first met you? I loved you! You're beautiful! You're everything I didn't know I needed. And it scared the hell out of me."

My heart pounding rapidly as I sat, frozen to the ground beneath me. "I-," he shook his head. He looked fiercely at me and he smiled almost sadly before he said the last thing I heard before he turned my entire world inside out. "I can't control it anymore."

His mouth crashed hard on mine, almost bruising my lips. Tears came to my eyes as everything around us faded until all I could feel was Javier. He grunted as I kissed him back, trying to keep up with the unrelenting rhythm of his lips against mine. I could hardly breathe as I desperately moved my hands against his chest in a half-hearted way to slow him down.

Javier only laced his fingers through mine, pinning my hands above my head. He pushed his body closer to mine, my heart and chest against his own through the fabric of our clothing. I'd never felt more alive in my life before. Not even with Wesley.

Wes! The sudden thought of my boyfriend immediately brought me back to reality. I tried to push against Javier as I tried to tell him to stop. He only pressed harder and kissed faster, now practicality panting.

Finally, I kicked him hard between his thighs having him practically ripping myself from me as he cringed in pain.

"What have you done?!" I cried at him. Javier looked at me in horror. "Flora... I'm sorry, I-," I shook my head. "It's fine Javier. But what am I going to do? What about Wes?!" Javier's expression darkened dangerously. "Your boyfriend?" He asked roughly, almost accusingly. I nodded, feeling confused. "What will I say?" Javier frowned. "Tell him you're taken." I looked at Javier with a look of blatant perplexity "What?"

"I want you to be mine," Javier said strongly. I looked at him fully, taking in his tousled dark hair and the light blush that overtook his tan skin. And for some reason, I knew I'd never forget that image of Javier for as long as I lived. And without care, I for once thought fully with my heart.

"Yes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOAAAAAHHH. Thanks for making it to the end of this story!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO