Chapter 5

Amber's P.O.V

Bedrest sucks!

Don't get me wrong, I love staying in bed for hours and suffocating myself in lots and lots of fluffy blankets and blackout the harsh world that I have been born into.

But...when you have a VERY protective family that never leave your sight for a split second and are constantly pestering you with: "Are you okay Ambi?" "Do you need this..." "Do you need that..." It gets quite annoying after a while.

I honestly think I'm fine and could've gone back to school today, but my brothers were adamant that I need to "let my little toes rest" for a few days.

Right now, I'm lying down on the couch with Dylan painting my toes red and Grey preparing us some lunch in the kitchen, the smells from the kitchen were drifting to the lounge and making me and Dylan's mouth water with anticipation, I look down and see Dylan closing his eyes and inhaling the sweet scent from the kitchen.

"Whatever Grey is concocting up in that kitchen, I need and I need it now!" Dylan says keeping his eyes closed, I lean my head back on the thousand pillows that are propping me up and inhaling the wonderful scent that is doing wonders for my nasal passages.

"I hope my princess and my bro are hungry!" Grey shouts in an excited tone.

"YES YES! GIVE IT TO ME!" Dylan screams and jumps up and down on the couch like a kid getting a new toy but making my body go up and down in the process, I groan from the pressure in my ribs and Grey hits Dylan's head.

"Dude be careful with kitten! She is still so fragile" Grey scolds Dylan, Dylan gets up and gives me a big hug.

"I'm so sorry angel I forgot you're still so sore!" Dylan coos in my ear and rubs the side of my chest, I relax in his hold and feel the soothing tingles that are travelling down my spine and soothing my pain.

"It's okay Dylan, you're forgiven," I whisper and give him one last squeeze before we pull away and devour whatever Grey has cooked us.

"Okay this is a new recipe of mine, I want you to try it before I say what it is," Grey said whilst handing me and Dylan a bowl each with a big excited grin on his face.

"I pray to the lord that this doesn't poison me!" Dylan exclaims whilst eyeing the red liquidly substance in front of us.

The bowl contained a steamy red liquid with some unknown small chunks floating and dancing around the spoon. I take the spoon and fill it with the soupy substance and shove it in my mouth sloppily.

"You really make eating look attractive kitten," Grey said whilst laughing at my sloppiness.

As soon as the liquid invaded my taste buds, the immediate tangy sweetness awakens my senses and I look up at Grey with love in my eyes. "Oh my gosh this tastes amazing Grey!" I said whilst stirring the liquid with my spoon.

"Grey this is one of your best! What actually is it?" Dylan said whilst taking another spoonful.

"Well, I call it fruity broth!" Grey exclaims, Dylan sprays out the broth and spits it all over Grey's face.

"Eww what the fuck is broth? The word sounds ugly as fuck!" Dylan squeals whilst flailing his arms dramatically like the broth burned his insides.

"Dylan don't be mean it tastes good! But isn't broth supposed to have meat in it?" I ask Grey. Grey wipes off Dylan's spit on the front of his apron and turns to me.

"Yes, it is but I wanted to try something new to add to my recipe book that I'm making, it has strawberry and blackberry in it, I know it sounds weird and something that you haven't heard before, but I want to explore my options and make a dent in the food industry with my unique creations," Grey said whilst sending daggers to Dylan at the end, Dylan looked down at Grey with an apologetic look and gave it another try.