Chapter 48

Amber's P.O.V

5 Day's Later... 

"Everyone, please rise for the accused Finnick Steffi Jones." Everyone in the courtroom raised from their seats and watched Finnick stumble to the stand in his bright orange jumpsuit.

Finnick never told me he had a middle name? Probably thought it was too embarrassing to say.

Finnick stood proudly with his head held high. I was currently sat with everyone else in the courtroom, with my parents and brothers all beside me, holding both my hands and soothing my raging anxiety.

I stare with a mixture of emotions at the back of Finnick's head, it was like he knew because he slowly turned his head round to meet my eyes, smirking widely and mouthing 'Love you too' to me. I felt disgusted and frowned deep, trying to hide behind Jason's towering body, Jase seemed to notice my uncomfortableness and looked to see what was bothering me, he saw Finnick's smirk and growled at him, sending sharp daggers in his direction.

Finnick didn't even acknowledge him and turned back around to the judge, seated high with a huge feeling of power and dominance he radiated around the room.

If I was up there now and staring at the judge, I would feel the need to courtesy and kneel at his feet, the power would be too suffocating to stand and the need to bow down to him would be overwhelming.

I needed to rid these thoughts because I was due to stand up there soon and I didn't need to embarrass myself to a few hundred people.

"We are all here today to witness the trial of Mr Finnick Steffi Jones. Mr Jones has committed various unlawful acts, harming and mistreating a young underage woman named as Miss Amber Rose Hutton. I will be reviewing all classified evidence against the defendant and conclude to a punishment I see fit for the accused and bring justice to Miss Hutton and her family. Mr Jones has the right to be defended by his defence attorney and has a right to speak freely when commanded by me. Mr Jones, do you wish to speak freely and give your side of the events that took place, between the timeframe of yours and Miss Hutton's relationship?" The scary judge concluded, looking down at him condescendingly. Finnick turned back to me with a smile and nodded his head.

"Yes, judge." My face paled and I was on the verge of peeing my pants.

"Very well, speak."

Finnick looked so relaxed and had a whole different aura since I last saw him. He was much more laid back and calm, almost as if he didn't care and would be fine with getting a life sentence in prison.

He stood up with a white piece of paper in his hand, ready to speak in the silent courtroom.

"Me and Amber's relationship was...rocky. We would have our good days and our bad days, like any married couple..."

I felt Isaac and Jason vibrate with anger beside me as we listened to Finnick's statement.

"When we first met, we clicked instantly. She was perfect in my eyes and she seemed to like me too. It all started in the coffee shop when we started talking properly for the first time, Amber was telling me how rough her life was at home and how much she wanted to run away from her family-"

"THAT IS NOT TRUE!" Dylan boomed from the crowd, he sprung from his seat so fast his chair flipped. The judge looked over at him with a warning glare.

"Sit down Mr Hutton, the more you react the worse it will be for yourself and Miss Hutton." The judge scolded him. He sat back down reluctantly, getting a slap from mom that looked absolutely mortified bedside him.