Chapter 39

Amber's P.O.V

"200 dollars."

"No, I want more." 

"Fine 250 and that's final."

"Deal."

I pass over Finnick's old drug dealer with my remaining Heroin needles, in exchange for some money.

As soon as I handed over those drugs, I immediately felt a weight lift off my shoulders and a feeling of relaxation and stress enter my mind. But at the same time, I felt two bigger weights land on both shoulders because of my new cravings and the need to take heroin is stronger and more possessive of my mind and body.

The feelings are all so new and terrifying at the same time, it's as if I don't trust myself anymore and I need someone to control what I do and the decisions that face me.

Sound familiar to you?

I have to say that this is one of the hardest things to do because I crave them so bad, but I know my family is getting themselves into some sort of trouble so we need all the money we can get.

I love my family too much to get them into a new set of problems to eventually break us all apart.

I walk out the abandoned park and make my route home, making sure to buy my family some lunch on the way with some of the money I just got. As I walk along the path I see many families's laughing and giggling at each other, some buying ice-creams for their adorable children and drinking coffee from the nearby café, looking content without a care in the world. I wish I was back to being like that.

The further I walk away from the park, the stronger the urge to run back, tackle the dealer and inject each needle inside me, letting the addictive feeling consume my entire body and sending me into pure bliss.

But I need to be strong for my family.

Trying to take my mind away from the addicting drug that I have grown to love, courtesy of my insane ex-boyfriend that I want to banish to the pits of fiery hell for getting me hooked on this stuff.

I walk up to the café and order some bagels and sandwiches for lunch for my family, laughing in my head at Grey's reaction when I got him a bagel for the first time...

Flashback.

"AMBER, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PROCESSED SHIT IN A BAG?!" Grey screamed and pinched the bag away from him in disgust and if looks could kill, that bagel would be demolished into flames.

"It's only a ham and cheese bagel, it won't kill you!"

"Its full of preservatives and gross shit, all compressed into an innocent bagel that will fool the eyes of oblivious people like you Amber!" Grey screamed and stared at it as if worms were spilling out the bun.

Ever since that day a few years back, I have learned to never get Grey something that isn't homemade or heavily processed, he will go ballistic!

I finally get the food, making sure to get Grey a homemade sandwich, then left the small café to walk down the road in the direction of my two-story house. I walk up the small pathway to the door and walk in. Whenever I walk through the door, I'm usually hit immediately with the mouth-watering scent of home cooking and fresh baked cookies that Grey has made, but today there is no heavenly scent, just plain nothing.

"I have lunch for you all!" I scream up the stairs to get everybody's attention, soon after a hoard of footsteps run down the stairs and tackle me in hugs.