Chapter 47

Amber's P.O.V 

My sore eyes flittered open from the blinding morning sun, shining through my curtains and landing its warm rays, directly in my eyes. Perfect.

My hand blocks the sun from my eyes so I could fully wake myself up, I stretched my arms up and my left hand bumped into something, I look closely and see Jason, sitting on the edge of my bed and looking at me with amusement in his eyes, making me feel good that he is feeling something positive, rather than all the depressing stuff that has been going on recently.

"Morning princess." Jason murmured, stroking the stray hairs away from my face and kissing my forehead. He gets up and closes the curtains, saving my poor eyes from the blinding light.

I sit up and do a huge yawn, making Jason chuckle loudly and laughing at me.

"I love hearing you laugh, it makes a change from what we have been going through." I smile but look down at my lap, feeling the sudden guilt eating away at me.

Jason comes over and sits beside me, pulling my limp body onto his lap and looks me dead in the eye.

"Amber none of this is your fault. All I want it for all of this to be over and get you better. So, put that smile back on your face!" Jason tries to lighten the mood, placing both fingers in the corners of my mouth and pulling it up into a smile, making us both laugh, something we haven't done in a long time.

"Ambi...Mrs Newman is downstairs, we are all having a family breakfast and discussing some things, stuff like treatment to help you get better...it's all anyone wants for you princess so we all hope you try whatever your therapist recommends." Jason sighs and plays with my wild morning hair. I nod my head and hug him tightly.

"Thank you for everything."

**

Jason got me ready and dressed for breakfast, we walk down the steps to see the kitchen table laid. As soon as I enter, the mouth-watering scent of freshly made pancakes and bacon invades my senses, making me want to faint from pure love and happiness.

"Someone's having another foodgasm," Dylan commented beside me. I playfully punch his arm and he doubles over in pain, obviously faking but earning immediate sympathy from our mother.

"Amber don't hurt your brother, I'll give you another pancake to make you feel better sweetiepie!" Mom said, squeezing Dylan's chubby cheeks and trying to kiss him. Dylan tackles out of her grip and runs to his seat.

We all laugh at the scene but stop when the doorbell rings.

My therapist Mrs Newman is now here.

Mom and dad hurriedly get the food on the table and run to the door, escorting Mrs Newman into the kitchen.

"Hello everybody. The food smells wonderful!" Mrs Newman exclaims whilst settling in her seat, pulling out folders of intimidating paperwork out and whipping out her pink fluffy pencil case, to each their own I guess?

We all gather around the table and sit in our normal seats, we all dish out the food and I started devouring the pancakes with my plastic knife and fork.

They disposed of all the cutlery and sharp objects, I couldn't blame them for it.

I look up from my empty plate to see a worried looking Mrs Newman, looking at each brother and me with a mixture of worry and disgust at our poor table manners. I smirk to myself and lick the remaining pancake bits from around my mouth.

"Okay Amber, are you ready for me to explain your treatment?" Mrs Newman asks. I nod my head and Jason tightens his grip on my hand, rubbing soothing circles and whispering comforting words into my ears.

"Okay, from all the tests, research and analysis I have conducted on you Amber, I have prescribed you with some anti-depressant pills and a strong box of pills when you get your painful migraines. From talking to many phycologists, we have concluded that medication won't work to permanently rid the voices from your head. So, we are suggesting you attend group therapy twice a week with young people like yourself, dealing with similar issues. We also want you to see a different therapist as well as me, once a week to fully tackle your heroin addiction. I know this is a lot to take in but I and a team of phycologists believe this can work for you."

I look at her blankly with a million thoughts running through my mind.

"Do you want to start this new program, Amber?" Mrs Newman asks me.

I look around the room at six pairs of hopeful eyes, all staring at me with hope and determination. I smile at each person that makes up my world, seeing their smiles grow and fidget with excitement, knowing I can finally be back.

Back to myself.

Back to the old Amber they raised and loved dear to their hearts.

I picked up a pen from her fluffy pencil case, signed my name on the dotted lines and pushed back the paper.

"When do we start?"

*****

Guys, there is one chapter left, then the epilogue.....WHO'S EXCITED?

I am...but I also am not because I have enjoyed writing this book so much and we have all been on an emotional rollercoaster from all the feels and heartbreak.

I have enjoyed writing this book sooooo much and I can't wait for you to read what I have in store for Book Two.....

I will give you a little teaser for the next chapter..........It will have Finnick in it.

Next chapter coming soon!

-Mari