Chapter 45

Amber's P.O.V 

"Okay Miss Hutton everything is sorted, I have taken down key notes from your statement that can really do damage against Mr Jones. The judge will take into account all the emotional and physical trauma you have went through, and hopefully add on a few extra years onto a jail sentence. You are going to be fine when you make your speech because your parents and brothers will be sitting very close to you whilst you are up there. The court case will take place next week, see you there." My lawyer concluded and shook each of our hands firmly.

Our parents made it to the meeting but were slightly late from finding work for the pair of them and sorting out our debt. We are finally making some money.

"Oh sweetie, it will go smoothly I promise." My mom tackled me into her warm hugs as soon as we left the building. I returned the hug and we all walked to the car, all silent but thinking hard about what is going to take place in exactly a weeks' time.

The day I will finally have my freedom.

Our parents sat in the front whilst our brothers all sat at the back. Grey and Isaac were playing a multiplayer game on their phones, fully immersed into the tiny screen of their phones, swearing at each other and laughing when killing the other's character.

Dylan pulled out his huge notepad he stores under his 'Special creative seat' and began to draw clothing designs, I watch in wonder at how Dylan's perfectly manicured hands, move gracefully across the page and create masterpieces that one day will be turned into real clothes. Mind blown...

Jason sat in the middle so he was my car pillow for the journey home, his muskily shoulders were the perfect pillow and warmness for my aching head.

Recently I have been getting the worst migraines in my head, an aching body and depressing thoughts. I blame this all on redrawing from heroin and these are the painful side effects from not taking them. I get my head as comfortable as I can on Jason's shoulder and try and rub the pain away, not succeeding and only creating more anger and depression from it.

"What's wrong angel?" Jason murmured against my hair, rubbing circles on my tense shoulders.

"I feel pain," I said numbly, wanting to cry my eyes out from the pain and the bad thoughts in my head, telling me to take the drug or hurt myself if I don't.

"Where do you feel pain?" he asked, sitting me up so I am facing him. Not wanting to talk, I lift my hand up and point to my head. Jason sighs sadly and cups the sides on my head, rubbing soothing circles on my temples, surprisingly calming me down.

"This is from not taking heroin, isn't it?" I nod my head silently, trying to block out the voices in my head, telling me to do things I don't want to do.

I haven't told anyone this but I have been hearing voices and whispers in my head for about a week, telling me to run and go get drugs and take them, telling me it will take the pain away from my head. When I resist the voices, they tell me to cut myself and get relief from that if I don't inject heroin to do so.

I haven't given in to the voices, but I'm slowly losing what little hope I have.

My mind has always been corrupted ever since I have taken the stupid drug, constantly thinking of taking it or something harder and more addicting. I can't get the feeling it gave me out my head and my body craves it every day.

My parents think I'm getting better and my brothers don't suspect a thing. I have kept it that way and said that I'm fine, but I'm far from it.

I needed a form of relief and if cutting my skin can do it, then what's the harm in trying? I have never tried it before so how do I know if it works, like the voices tell me...