Chapter 19

Disclaimer- This chapter is going to be a weird one! Be prepared.

Ambers P.O.V 

I woke up to huge stomach cramps and the sun blinding my eyes, I turn my head away from the sun's rays to look at Jason's still sleeping body resting peacefully beside me.

Another painful wave of cramp hit me hard and a small grunt left my lips, I was confused because I didn't add any pressure to my ribs to make them hurt, this pain felt different...oh no

I'm on my period.

Fuck fuck I'm still in Jason's bed with just thin knickers and shorts on, the dread filled my mind at the thought of bleeding through my shorts and onto his sheets whilst laying beside my four brothers, oh no this is so bad! Really bad...

I need to get out this bed and clean myself up asap!

Okay, it's now or never, I look over to see all my brother's eyes closed and snoring quietly. I look down at my waist to notice Jason's arm still wrapped around me protectively, crap! I place my hands gently around Jason's wrist and lift it slowly, he stirred in his sleep but didn't fully wake up, I drag his arm away and finally place it on the pillow I was sleeping on, the pillow was still warm and smelt of me so I'm sure my plan will work out.

I sat up in bed and got on my hands and knees and crawled over and climbed off the cosy bed successfully, I jumped up and down a little but not loud enough to draw attention to myself, I finished my happy dance and decided to face the horror between my legs.

I left Jason's room and made my way to my bedroom, I enter and notice it was exactly how I left it before going to the hospital, I walk over towards my bed and notice both my pillows gone, weird...

I walk through to my connected bathroom and turned the shower on, I turn up the heat a little bit and lined up my shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I take my pyjama top off and reluctantly pull my shorts down, I gasped a bit when I saw the quantity of blood that rested in my panties. I started my period over a year ago now and still, it shocks me every time I get it, seeing the blood smeared on your favourite knickers is defeatedly a bummer!

I strip off completely and throw my clothes in my washing basket, I turn to step into the boiling hot shower when a cough startled me, making me freeze in my position. Standing in the doorway that I swear I locked, stood an angry Jason with folded arms and scolding eyes.

I stood vulnerably and exposed whilst my brother looked into my eyes, he stood up straight and walked towards me, he looked down from my eyes and a smirk was plastered on his lips.

"Looks like it's somebody's time of the month." Jason chuckled, I looked down where his eyes were looking and saw blood smeared between my legs and some slowly dripping down. I gasped horrified at my brother seeing this and run to the shower embarrassed, my shower was made of glass, so Jason could still kinda see me in here.

"Don't be embarrassed princess it's natural, all the girls go through it," Jason said whilst picking up my washing basket and leaving the bathroom with it, I let out a huge sigh and leant my head against the steamy wall, processing all that has happened this morning.

Unexpectantly Jason came walking back into the bathroom with the washing basket still in his hands, his expression was blank, but his eyes were far from it, you could see the cheekiness shining through them.

"And don't think that I'm not angry at you for walking to the bathroom without my help, you're not supposed to be walking princess!" Jason said then walked out once again, oh shit I'm doomed.

I have now finished my shower and changed my bandages and padding with clean ones and wrapped a towel around my body, I wiped away the steam from the mirror to look at my face, I still had black bags under my eyes but that is nothing new to me, I let out a frustrated sigh at my imperfect skin, how the fudge does Dylan get his flawless skin, I swear that boy never has a single blemish on his skin, lucky guy!

I look through my bathroom cupboards to find no pads or tampons in them, damn it! I look everywhere but can't find any, then I realise I keep some tampons in Jason's room just in case. I know you're probably thinking that it's weird keeping tampons in your brother's room but it was, in fact, their idea in the first place and I just went along with it, well it turns out to be a good idea.

Still in my towel, I walk back to Jason's room, I look to see everyone is gone from the bed and must be downstairs making breakfast. I turn to walk in his bathroom and make my way to his cupboards, I open each one to find some things I didn't particularly want to see but it's nice to know that my brother carries protection with him. I look through all the cupboards to find no tampons, well this day just gets better and better.

I turn to walk out the bathroom to see Grey leaning on the doorframe watching me silently, he has a serious face on and one hand behind his back.

"Are you okay Grey? What are you holding?" I ask Grey curiously.

He reveals his hidden hand and stretches it out to me, I gasp when I see what he's giving me.

"Why do you have tampons Grey?" I ask with a confused and shocked look on my face while eyeing the colourful box before me.

"According to my phone's calendar, your period should be due and by the look of those bedsheets my phone is correct, and your cycle is regular," Grey said casually, I blushed at the realisation that I bled through the sheets, oh my this is so embarrassing!

"But why keep track Grey?" I ask.

"Because whatever goes in and out of my princess, I want to know about it and when it happens." He said then flashed a smile.

"I will get everything ready for you as I know what you do and don't like when you're on your period. I will get a heating pad, Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream, the fluffy blanket and the box set of seasons 1-10 of Friends loaded on the TV!" Grey exclaimed and clapped his hands, I giggled at his cuteness and smiled up at him.

"Can I finish the rest of the red velvet cake?" I asked him innocently, I forgot to sneakily eat it last night because I was so tired and exhausted. Grey looked like he was thinking hard but then looked up at me with a small smile.

"Only if you let me have a bit of your ice-cream," Grey said, I nodded my head and slowly pulled him into a hug, both of us being mindful of my bandaged ribs that still hurt badly but I was managing well.

"Thank you Grey, always soothing my pain and making me smile," I said against his chest, I felt him kiss my forehead and squeeze my shoulders tightly.

"Never thank me for taking care of my favourite human alive, I should be the one thanking you for accepting me as a brother, I know I can get protective and clingy, but you never fight against it which I am forever grateful for. I love you princess." Grey said against my forehead.

"I love you too," I said whilst smiling happily.

"Come on princess that ice-cream and cake aren't going to eat themselves!" Grey exclaimed whilst picking me up and placing me in his arms and resting me on his hip. Grey walked out my room while I was bobbing up and down on his hip as we made it down the steps towards the food!

Looks like today isn't going to be as bad as I thought!

*****

Vote and Comment!