Chapter 36

Amber's bedroom above

Amber's P.O.V 

"Look Miss Hutton, I only want to ask you a few questions. Can you do that for me?" The officer said gently but with serious authorities within his voice, screaming dominance and power.

I nod my head weakly but stared down at the floor ashamed.

We are all back home and not even an hour later, police barge in a demand to question me about what happened. My whole family was furious because they have only just got me back, but the officers were not backing down and wanted answers immediately from me.

We are all seated in the living room and I was facing the officer, my brothers beside me, holding my hand and rubbing my back reassuringly.

"Miss Hutton, what was the relationship between you and Mr Jones?" he asked and jotted something on his leather sleeved notepad, with a shiny silver pen with what appears to be his initials on it. It looks like a typical secret Santa present you would give to your colleague that you don't like very much.

I tapped my foot and a shooting pain of hatred shot up within me. I wasn't mad at the officers of the case, I wanted to hug each of them personally and tell them how sorry I am.

I hated myself.

I hated myself for putting innocent people that I care deeply about at harm and gave them unnecessary pain and sorrow because of my stupidity and naivety. I should be old enough to know a bad character, but I was stupidly blinded by fake teen love. The fact that I gave this man my everything and exposed myself for his eyes to see, then take away my innocence...its sick. And it's all my fault.

"He was my boyfriend," I said quietly, tears threatening to fall but I keep them back like a big girl.

"Tell me what he was like when you first met him in person." A small smile tugged at my lips at the memories.

"He was so...kind, handsome and very adventurous and outgoing. He would tell me crazy stories he would get up to, and all the adventures he would go on. I was instantly intrigued by him and wanted to know more. He acted just like when we would text each other, funny, jokey and...special." I said, whimpering at the end. Jason gave me one of his warm hugs and kissed my cheek. I leant into him and breathed in the clean air, nothing like the air in the motel rooms and the car we were in, it would always smell of drugs and alcohol.

The officer was writing down notes and occasionally glanced at my expression, probably thinking... "Another love sick delusional teenager experiencing their hormones and craving older men to party with and have fun." I shook my head at this, they're always the same. Judgemental.

"Did you love Mr Jones?" the officer said unexpectedly, completely throwing me off guard and shifting uncomfortably. My dad seemed to notice and shot up and out of his seat.

"What does that have to do with all this? Can you please question my daughter another time because she needs the rest." Dad said sternly whilst picking me up and placing me on his hip like he would do since I was a baby.

The officer huffed and nodded his head.

"I will come back tomorrow to question your daughter further. The faster we do this, the quicker we can gain more evidence against Mr Jones and have him behind bars for a very long time." He said then left the house.

The thought of Finnick going to jail forever made my heart skip a beat in happiness, I would never have to see, hear or meet him ever again. My life would be better off without him around me.