Chapter 29

Jason's P.O.V

"I'm very sorry madam but there is nothing the police department can do. Your daughter has only been pronounced missing yesterday evening." The police officer said bluntly to our distressed mother, clinging onto Amber's stuffed bear that she was gifted when she was just a minute born.

"MY BABYGIRL IS OUT THERE AND YOU'RE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT?!" Mom screamed whilst shaking violently in dad's arms. Dad's a strong guy but he was no match for mom and her shaking.

"I'm sorry mam if your daughter does not return tomorrow evening, call us back and we will try and find her." The officer said then excused himself from the house and left our broken family.

"NO NO NO PLEASE BABY PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!" Mom screamed then darted up the stairs, crying on her way up and leaving everyone standing in shock.

"Oh god...why?" Dylan said in sorrow, his head hung down and sobbing to himself.

"My son's we need to stay strong and support each other through this! If we can't keep it together now, what will we go through if we don't find her huh?" Dad said sternly with a strong voice that shook all the tears out of our bodies.

"Now wipe away those tears and be a man! If the police aren't going to help us today, then we will just have to make a head start ourselves. Who's with me?" Dad asked sternly with one hand on his hip. We all looked up to him and nodded our heads with a "Yes!" then he smiled at each one of us and grabbed Dylan and Grey's arms and practically dragged them up the stairs, closely followed by Isaac and me.

"Let's check out her room for any clues as to where she could've gone," Dad said as we entered Amber's room.

As soon as we entered a few tears left Grey's eyes. Just seeing her room was a hard thing to do but we needed to be strong and make our dad proud.

"Tell us if you see anything," Dad said, then we split off into different sections of her room. I walked up to her bed and looked at it, it was neatly laid and had purple and gold scattered cushions with a lilac bedspread.

It brought back good memories of all the times I would sneak in her room at night and climb in the sheets, cuddling Amber's body close to mine and falling asleep together. Amber has always had trouble sleeping so every night each brother would take turns to watch her sleeping body till she was fully asleep and peaceful. This would satisfy us and then we would go to our own rooms to sleep, because if we weren't satisfied then we couldn't sleep either.

The memories brought tears to my eyes and before you know it, my eyes were like waterfalls, tears streaming down my face and my eyes stinging with pain. I couldn't stand anymore so I sat on her bed and placed my head in my hands and cried. Cried like a big stupid baby!

"It's me isn't it," I said to myself sadly and sobbing harder. The room went silent and I could feel the stares on me, making me feel even more vulnerable.

"It's my fault Amber's gone, i-I wa-aa-s too clingy with her-r." I cried even more and buried my head deeper in my trembling hands and had a breakdown. I heard quick footsteps approaching and an arm slung over my shoulder and a head resting on the side of my head.

"No, it's not son! We don't blame you for her disappearance and Amber won't either!" Dad comforted me and held my shaking body.

I screamed in anger and sadness then jumped up and stormed out the room, slamming the door and running away from the people who mean the most in my life.

I walk along the corridor to my room but before I enter I hear quiet sobbing and sniffling, it sounded like a squeaky mouse that injured its leg on a mouse trap and whining for its mother to come save it.